OOO! Got an email that my CS2 has shipped!

RM
Posted By
Rob_Miller
Apr 22, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Neato! 🙂

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

C
chrisjbirchall
Apr 22, 2005
Good news Rob. USA? UK? OZ?
AC
Andrew_Curatola
Apr 22, 2005
Also received an e-mail from Adobe this morning in the USA that my CS2 has shipped and I should receive it this Monday.
Andrew
TT
Tim_Trepanier
Apr 22, 2005
Are you getting the standard or premium versions?
PS
Phil_Scarsbrook
Apr 22, 2005
Looks like they are only shipping Photoshop. I have ordered two Photoshop upgrades and two Standard suite upgrades. Both Photoshop upgrades have shipped, but neither of the suites have shipped.
KO
Keith_Osterhout
Apr 23, 2005
No, at least they say they are shipping the standard suite (USA). I got an email dated 4/23/05 @ 3:05AM saying my upgrade had shipped. Now all I have to do is wait to get it.
MM
Mike_Morrell
Apr 23, 2005
I’m got my PSCS2 upgrades but the site still says "Adobe Creative Suite 2 Premium Upgrade for Windows On back order."
C
chrisjbirchall
Apr 25, 2005
Anybody in the UK had their’s yet.
NC
Noel_Charchuk
Apr 25, 2005
I ordered mine shortly after the announcement, didn’t receive any e-mail about shipping, but my Photoshop CS2 upgrade arrived by courier today, in Canada.

Can’t wait to get home and install it tonight!

Noel
D
deebs
Apr 25, 2005
I bet it’s going to go really, really quiet here once CS2 arrives 🙁
J
johnkissane3
Apr 25, 2005
I’ll bet the opposite. 🙂
D
deebs
Apr 25, 2005
50 USD? Winner buys the beer?
J
johnkissane3
Apr 25, 2005
Winner buys the beer, but who is going to do the count and judge? 🙂
DM
dave_milbut
Apr 25, 2005
didn’t get an email, but my account says "order’s process in 24 hours" (i ordered on friday). called adobe and they said it shipped friday – same day as order – and gave me a dhl tracking #. tracking # not found at dhl website. called back adobe and confirmed the same tracking # and the girl also tried dhl and says not found. hoping the dhl server is having problems and it might be here tonight!

ARRRRRGGGGHHH!!!
J
johnkissane3
Apr 25, 2005
Dave, the guy eloped with your gal. 🙂
DM
dave_milbut
Apr 25, 2005
grrr…
DM
dave_milbut
Apr 25, 2005
😉
IL
Ian_Lyons
Apr 25, 2005
Dave,

Your order has been diverted to the UK 😉
DM
dave_milbut
Apr 25, 2005
that’s it, i’m callin’ george w. bush! 🙂
C
chrisjbirchall
Apr 25, 2005
Dave,

Your order has been diverted to the UK

Ohhhh! I hope so!! <g>
IL
Ian_Lyons
Apr 25, 2005
Yeh, somewhere in the Northern Counties (Yorkshire I think)
DM
dave_milbut
Apr 25, 2005
maybe it’s with the weapons of mass destruction. a weapon of mass photo-manipulation. (WMPM).
D
deebs
Apr 25, 2005
DHL reported that dav’es order was last seen boarding a flight to Oz (Australia).

Apparently the package is in for a good time as the stopover in Thailand is for 1 (repeat one) week

🙂
DM
dave_milbut
Apr 25, 2005
grr…
C
chrisjbirchall
Apr 25, 2005
Naah.

Truth is: Charles wanted to give Camilla one (a copy of CS2!!) and there were none in the UK – so they diverted Dave’s
D
deebs
Apr 25, 2005
Ventriliquism: (dave) <grrr>
ND
Nick_Decker
Apr 26, 2005
Dear Bruce Chizen, (yeah I know it’s a U2U forum, let’s see if he’s listening)

I just got off the phone with your Adobe Store people. I placed my order (online) for your PS CS2 software on April 4th, ASAP, just like I always do, for your software. You can check my account info to find out how much other software I’ve bought from you. For reasons that are unclear to me, I had to place another order. I’m told that I can expect to receive it in LATE MAY, thank you very much!! I’m glad that you might have been recording my call to assure good customer service. The tinkling and flushing sounds were me taking a pee while on hold.

I may be your most unhappy customer, at the moment.

I’m sure you’ve probably seen this by now, but it gave me a chuckle, eh?

<http://daringfireball.net/2005/04/adobe_translation>

Good luck,

Nick
CC
Chris_Cox
Apr 26, 2005
That’s what the original shipment estimates said, and that’s what their script says to say.

The real shipments are coming much sooner and are going out as quickly as they can manufacture the boxes.
B
BobLevine
Apr 26, 2005
Time to release script.0.1 <g>

Bob
ND
Nick_Decker
Apr 26, 2005
My problem goes more to why did the Adobe Store dimwits not call me or email me to tell me there was a problem with my order? I have several jobs that would, no doubt, benefit from the new features in the upgrade. If, as Bruce Chizen says, many of the folks that buy PS are hobbyists, that’s fine. But there are a few professionals out here who depend on it.

Sorry, I’m just pissed (and I seem to be damaging my keyboard with my emphasis).
DM
dave_milbut
Apr 26, 2005
dhl has my info. if they actually get the package tonight i’ll have it by tomorrow, if they get it tomorrow, then wed.

still haven’t heard anything from adobe though.
B
BobLevine
Apr 26, 2005
So what’s worse at night? Two screaming babies or the anticpation that a Photoshop upgrade is coming the next day? 🙂

Bob
DM
dave_milbut
Apr 26, 2005
well I only have one baby and he’s pretty mellow. so i’d have to go with what’s behind curtain number two bob! 🙂
CC
Chris_Cox
Apr 26, 2005
Nick – you were told that it would ship by late May.
Why are you so angry that it’s shipping earlier?
DM
dave_milbut
Apr 26, 2005
well, no status at dhl. i’ll watch it tomorrow, but my guess is they sent the tracking # today and will ship tomorrow. even though the people at adobe told me they actually shipped on friday. 🙁
C
chrisjbirchall
Apr 26, 2005
Will Joey marry Rachel?

Will Homer become President?

Will Dave receive his disk?

Tune in for tomorrow’s thrilling episode of Milbut’s Misery – the soap which is gripping the world. <g>
JJ
John Joslin
Apr 26, 2005
Like I said, it’s a plastic disk in a cardboard box. Get a life!
C
chrisjbirchall
Apr 26, 2005
Dave.

I’ve discovered where your CS2 has gone – the UPS man has just walked through my door with it!

There was me last week – bitching about how we in the UK always get things much later than, and more expensive than, you guys in the States. And here it is: next day delivery and £119 plus VAT!

Sorry to rub salt into the wound Dave. If it’s any consolation however, having unpacked it I can confirm what John says: it is just a plastic disk in a cardboard box! <grin>

Chris.
DM
dave_milbut
Apr 26, 2005
it’s official. i got the email. dhl says it went from adobe in georga to an ohio dhl office at 132 am. maybe there is a chance for delivery today. stay tuned for facinating, continuing updates!
DM
dave_milbut
Apr 26, 2005
ooo! the site now says estimated delivery 4/26! <jumping up and down!>

damn! i have a stoopid little league game tonight! 🙂
ND
Nick_Decker
Apr 26, 2005
Chris,

Why are you so angry that it’s shipping earlier?

I’m not angry that it’s shipping earlier. I’m angry that the Adobe Store didn’t let me know that there was a problem with the order that I placed on April 4.
B
BobLevine
Apr 26, 2005
Estimated being the key word. <g>

Bob
IL
Ian_Lyons
Apr 26, 2005
Nick is right to question why he wasn’t advised of a problem. The only thing that "we" (folk on this forum) can justifiably question is why he chose to vent here. Under the circumstances a lot of would have done the same. So let’s not rub salt into an already painful wound by making flippant remarks.

Let’s all lighten up or better still pick on Dave 😉
DM
dave_milbut
Apr 26, 2005
Shipment Summary:

6:53am Arrived at DHL facility. South Plainfield, NJ

Current Status: With delivery courier.
Est. Delivery Date: 4/26/05

comeoncomeoncomeoncomeoncomeoncomeoncomeoncomeoncomeon!
IL
Ian_Lyons
Apr 26, 2005
Jeez a Gary Glitter fan 🙁
ND
Nick_Decker
Apr 26, 2005
Ian, you’re right, the people here, including those Adobe folks who stop in, have no control over my problem with the order. (Believe me, I did some venting over the phone last night. <g>) Perhaps, though, if someone else (like me) placed their order 3 weeks ago and hasn’t heard anything from Adobe, he or she might want to give Adobe a call to see what’s up.
TI
Thomas_Ireland
Apr 26, 2005
Hey Dave, this wouldn’t be a good time for the DHL guys to go on strike would it? I mean, with your copy in a box, on a truck, parked behind locked gates at a depot somewhere? 🙂
GB
George Bushit
Apr 26, 2005
that’s it, i’m callin’ george w. bush!

I’m baaaaaaaaack!

Will Homer become President?

DOH!

a weapon of mass photo-manipulation. (WMPM).

The driver was stopped on the way to Dave’s house and held for questioning. Tune in to CNN for the full story.
DM
dave_milbut
Apr 26, 2005
<Navin Johnson>THE NEW PHOTOSHOP’S HERE! THE NEW PHOTOSHOP’S HERE! THE NEW PHOTOSHOP’S HERE! </Navin Johnson>
J
johnkissane3
Apr 26, 2005
<Ralph Edwards>This is Dave’s Life!</Ralph Edwards>
NC
Noel_Charchuk
Apr 26, 2005
Well, I got my cardboard box with plastic disc home, installed it, activated it, and went to work on some scans I had done of some B&W negatives that were really scratched and dusty. The new healing tool (I think it changed in CS2, I was using PS7 until now)was fantastic for getting rid of the spots and scratches. I am impressed!

Before I shut it down for the night, an e-mail arrived from Adobe advising my order was going to be shipped right away. Thanks for the info, guys, but I have been using it for 6 hours already!

Tonight will be dedicated to learning what all has changed since PS7. Noel

PS
I hadn’t noticed any mention of it elsewhere on the forum, but the upgrade shipped with a Total Training Tutorial Cd as well, I haven’t looked at it to see what it covers, but thanks, Adobe.
GB
George Bushit
Apr 26, 2005
an e-mail arrived from Adobe advising my order was going to be shipped right away. Thanks for the info, guys, but I have been using it for 6 hours already!

"This administration is doing everything we can to end the stalemate in an efficient way. We’re making the right decisions to bring the solution to an end." -George W. Bush, April 10, 2001 😛
C
chrisjbirchall
Apr 26, 2005
THE NEW PHOTOSHOP’S HERE!

TFI Arrived! Enjoy!
MM
Mick_Murphy
Apr 26, 2005
Chris – which courier are Adobe using in Britain (if you noticed that is in all the excitement)?
C
chrisjbirchall
Apr 26, 2005
which courier are Adobe using in Britain

The shipping (and tracking info) was courtesy of UPS, but it was a man from TNT who brought it through the door.

(he’s in hospital just now having his wrist bandaged up. Well – he shouldn’t have been holding the box so tight!) <grin>
MM
Mick_Murphy
Apr 26, 2005
Cheers Chris. I hope the driver recovers in time to bring mine. I actually tried to buy a downloadable version, couldn’t find the option on the site, rang Adobe, was assured that all I had to do was continue to checkout but no – I have purchased the box version. I was hoping it was Royal Mail because I could arrange to collect it in the local PO if I’m not in.
DM
dave_milbut
Apr 26, 2005
just went home and got the manual. <Stimpy>Oh, joy!</Stimpy>
D
deebs
Apr 26, 2005
Congrat Dave

I guess you have bourne the ribbing very well indeed
SB
Scott_Byer
Apr 26, 2005
The new menu system can help you out here. Go into Edit -> Menus, and choose the What’s New preset. Now look through the app menus for the pretty blue :-).

-Scott

wrote:

Tonight will be dedicated to learning what all has changed since PS7.
LM
Lynch_Mike
Apr 27, 2005
beta-test away Dave!
JJ
John Joslin
Apr 27, 2005
One day after Chris, but he’s a "B" and I’m a "J".

No email, just a nice man at the door.

Glad my name’s not Emiliano Zapata!
LC
L_Chong
Apr 27, 2005
Hey Noel,

Was there additional brokerage fees on the delivery other than the shipping that Adobe indicated?

I’m trying to weigh upgrading via the download or via the box.

Thanks
leighton
DM
dave_milbut
Apr 27, 2005
you get a real manual and a total training cd when you get the box… who knows what else… is the goodies folder, for example, included with the download?
IL
Ian_Lyons
Apr 27, 2005
The only things missing from the electronic download is the Total Traing cd and the paper version of the manual. All the other CS2 cd folders and files are supplied.

The download is 342MB. The manual comes as a pdf
LC
L_Chong
Apr 27, 2005
Hi Ian, Dave,

Thanks very much!

The download sounds like a good way to go.

-leighton
PC
Patty_Clarke
Apr 28, 2005
I own the educational version of the CS Creative Suite (I am a full time student)–yesterday I checked with the store where I purchased it and asked if they had the CS2 upgrade in stock yet. The answer was "No, we will not be stocking that because it is not going to be offered at academic prices."

Is this true?

Patty
L
LenHewitt
Apr 28, 2005
Patty,

There has never been an ‘Academic Upgrade’ pricing. You can upgrade the an Academic version with the regular upgrade.

Alternatively, if it should prove cheaper, you could purchase the full Academic CS2 product.
B
BobLevine
Apr 28, 2005
There has never been an ‘Academic Upgrade’ pricing.

Up until now. I’m just as surprised as you.

http://www.adobe.com/education/purchasing/education_pricing. html

Scroll down to the suite for details. In short the upgrade is $50.00 less.

Bob
L
LenHewitt
Apr 28, 2005
Interesting, Bob and 50 bucks will no doubt be welcome to many a student.
B
BobLevine
Apr 28, 2005
So will five brand new applications!

Bob
PC
Patty_Clarke
Apr 28, 2005
Thanks guys. I called several of the companies listed on the site, but I didn’t have any luck finding a company selling the "upgrade" for the $349 price. But the $399 price is still an awesome deal, so unless somebody knows something better, I’ll go that route. Unfortunately they won’t have it in stock for another few weeks.

Patience is a virtue that I constantly struggle with!

Patty 🙂

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections