CB
Posted By
Cas_Bitner
Apr 22, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
On Photoshop, I’ve found that the shortcuts for copy (ctrl+C), paste (ctrl+p), and undo (ctrl+z) don’t work. I can use these shortcuts in all other programs and every other shortcut in Photoshop works, but i cannot use these common commands.

HELP PLZ!!!

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

C
chrisjbirchall
Apr 22, 2005
Which version of Photoshop are you having this trouble with?

And was it a fresh install or did you upgrade from another version?

Has this just started happening or did the shortcuts used to work?

The more information you can give the better the help.
L
LenHewitt
Apr 22, 2005
See the forum FAQ’s
CB
Cas_Bitner
Apr 22, 2005
Version: Photoshop CS (no upgrades)

The shortcuts used to work and i used them quite frequently. None of the ctrl + c,x,v,z,a shortcuts work, but i can still use other shortcut commands (which involve the ctrl key).
C
chrisjbirchall
Apr 22, 2005
Okay Cas. You may have a keyboard driver problem. It may be worth reinstalling this. See: LenHewitt, "CTRL Key does not work in Photoshop CS" #, 8 Nov 2003 11:51 am </cgi-bin/webx?50>

Also it wouldn’t do any harm to reset your preferences file as per the FAQs LenHewitt, "How to delete/reset Photoshop preferences" #1, 23 Jun 2004 1:05 am </cgi-bin/webx?13/0>

Let us know how you get on with these.

Chris
CB
Cas_Bitner
Apr 22, 2005
Thx. All fixed.
C
chrisjbirchall
Apr 22, 2005
All fixed

Great. Glad to help.

To help others reading this thread in the future, could you let us know was it the keyboard driver or resetting the prefs?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections