SZ
Posted By
Stefan_Zabel
Apr 21, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
A really strange thing happened today when I received my new Lacie monitor, linked it to my Sony Viao laptop, and calibrated it.

Now, whenever I try to save or ‘save as’ jpgs, photoshop 7 freezes (images only have one layer so not due to multiple layers). Hitting escape lets me use photoshop again as normal, but the jpg hasn’t saved. No problems using ‘save for web’ or saving in other file formats.

The wierd thing is that it only happens when my external Lacie monitor is connected. No difficulties at all when I’m just using my laptop.

Any help very gratefully received.

Thanks

Stefan

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

M
marionbabich
Apr 21, 2005
When I installed my LaCie Electron 19 Blue IV monitor to my desktop PC, Photoshop CS had to reactivate. Go figure.

Marion
SZ
Stefan_Zabel
Apr 22, 2005
Solved by re-setting all preferences in photoshop, which I guess has the same effect as re-activating.

Thanks for the advice

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections