A
Posted By
arkow
Apr 21, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have Adobe Photoshop 7.0 on a p4 with 1 gig of memory pc, I am trying to save a file on a 2 tb network drive and it gives me : "disk is full" error message. I have 1.8tb free on that drive, the weird thing is that I can save the file on to a desktop and then move copy and paste it on that 2tb network drive with no problems, I can’t figure this out, can someone help me out with this, its really frustrating me, thank you.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

C
chrisjbirchall
Apr 21, 2005
Saving files from Photoshop across a network is not recommended. Even if they appear to save okay they can become corrupt.

Best practise is to save to your local drive and copy it across to the network drive.

Chris.
A
arkow
Apr 21, 2005
Well i would like to know why i can’t save it straight onto the network drive? I had no problems saving onto a network drive that was 230gb, is it that photoshop 7.0 can’t recognize 2tb?
C
chrisjbirchall
Apr 21, 2005
Yes there is apparently a limit to the size of drive PS7 can recognize. Someone more knowledgable is such matters will not doubt chip in shortly with the exact figures. However it is well documented that Photoshop is not good at saving across networks regardless of disk size.

Yes you will get away with it most of the time. I worked that way myself for quite a while, until a lost a file. And yes – it will only happen on the most important ones!

Chris.
CC
Chris_Cox
Apr 21, 2005
Yeah, it was a bug in a MS API that incorrectly reported sizes for drives over 1 TB.

Photoshop CS worked around that problem (by calling different APIs to get the information).

Also, it’s not that Photoshop has problems saving over a network, it is that we’ve seen too many problems with too many networks and servers — so we can’t trust them and don’t support saving directly to network volumes (we’d have a tech support nightmare trying to debug everyone’s network).

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections