R
Posted By
Ray
Sep 6, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
This one contains textures, very interesting!
http://astronomy.swin.edu.au/~pbourke/texture/

Ray

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

JC
Jane Carter
Sep 6, 2003
Hi Ray, I especially like this one too!
(See message 5135 on class forum, I found it on the Bryce Yahoo page last week. They have some more great links there.) Thanks for the others too. I have a HUGE link folder, and pretty soon I will be able to use more stuff as I haul myself up this fun learning curve.

I wish that I had the time to do the Bryce class too, let me know how it goes. I promise I will be there in November.

Going canoeing, be back tonight.
Jane
R
Ray
Sep 6, 2003
Glad you liked it!

I’ll post my best results on the class forum for Bryce.

Ray
JC
Jane Carter
Sep 6, 2003
Hi Ray, Just got back, a fun day, but very tired. Gotta go make dinner,,,,,,,

I won’t have access to the Bryce class forum till November, so pleeeezzzeee put your best ones on your pbase pages.
Jane
R
Ray
Sep 6, 2003
Jane… brace yourself… the first lesson is 42 pages 🙂 But, so far so good, looks like fun!

Ray
JF
Jodi Frye
Sep 6, 2003
Speaking of PBase, I can no longer get into my account. Seems the 10mb of space was only a 30 day trial. I don’t remember ever reading that when i first signed up. Anyways, my gallery is still up ( Testing Spedia Styles ) and I have no way of getting it down or adding etc…..unless i pay. Do I want to pay….hmmmmmm.
JC
Jane Carter
Sep 6, 2003
Hi Jodi, Yes, of all the album sites, this is theeee one worth paying for. Pbase does a wonderful job, and I "blame" them for me being lazy and not making my own web page.
Jane
JF
Jodi Frye
Sep 7, 2003
Thanks Jane, I’ll think about it a little while. I have learned to make my own web page ….well, a starter one anyways but I only have 5mb’s of free space with my server so I’m thinking I’ll need to figure out how to get more space….not sure yet which route I will take to get there. PBase is nice for sharing with friends and family though….hmmmm, must think
R
Ray
Sep 7, 2003
Jodi,

You can make your own style with Pbase. This would add a personnal touch and further demonstrate your abilities. Not that we need to see them, but frankly, I never get tired at looking at your stuff 🙂

Ray
JF
Jodi Frye
Sep 7, 2003
Ray, that is possibly the best words I have ever heard "I never get tired at looking at your stuff" … Thanks 🙂

re; PS ;I finally got around to learning how to create image maps with the slice tool….very cool and so simple !!! YAY

🙂
R
Ray
Sep 7, 2003
Speaking of which, I finally learned how to do an animation! It’s cool (once you get the basic). But I trashed the animation. It was horrible. Nevertheless, the lesson has paid. Now, can somebody create a GIF format with 1024 colors ? That would be about just what I needed to make a valuable animation.

Really, Jodi, that little mouse you created is just so lovely! It would make a really cute mouse pad! It’s peacefully calming.
And the other picture, just to the left (that creature facing the lake), is mind blowing! It would make a nice CD cover.

You are so full of talents, that’s incredible! Congratulations 🙂
JF
Jodi Frye
Sep 7, 2003
Geeze Ray, I was just on the photoshop forum and there was a thread about a plug-in that similates more colors for a GIF…I didn’t bother to read…will do and come back and tell you.

Yes, I’m getting ready to work on a gallery that only includes ‘ creatures ‘. I love them….only because beauty isn’t only skin deep. I want to create googlies that are loveable…or give you the impression anyways 🙂
JF
Jodi Frye
Sep 7, 2003
Nope, he did not get the answer he was hoping for in the PS thread. This person knows the plug-in exists but can’t find it.
S
Stanley
Sep 7, 2003
On Sat, 6 Sep 2003 19:20:04 -0700, "Jodi Frye" wrote:

. I have learned to make my own web page ….well, a starter one anyways but I only have 5mb’s of free space with my server so I’m thinking I’ll need to figure out how to get more space….not sure yet which route I will take to get there. PBase is nice for sharing with friends and family though….hmmmm, must think

If your provider allowes more than one mail address you should be able to have a web page for each address. My providers allows 10 mb (I think) and 5 email address’s. In the past I have simply linked one to the other.

As far as a viewer is concerned, it’s all one big web site, with multi pages.
R
Ray
Sep 7, 2003
Well, that’s ok. I will find another way. Besides, we have other products at work (like Flash, etc.) I will learn, yet, one more software!

Creature are lovely. They, the way I see it, permit us to see what’s under the skin. Because, wheter we like it or not, we most of the times start by looking at the exterior. And, doing so, we relate to our experiences and taste to know if he or she is nice. With creatures, you can’t (unless
you actually saw some before, in which case, please contact the nearest UFO authority near you! You
gotta share this with the rest of us)
SR
Steven Reno
Sep 7, 2003
Jodi

I’m using bytephoto.com

.. They give you over 25,000 kb of space for free with no time limits. The only catch is the images must be photo related.

Steve
JF
Jodi Frye
Sep 7, 2003
Steve, photo related ? Well I guess that would throw my graphics out the window…unless, i can say i was thinking of my camera when i created them 😉
BP
Basil Pap
Sep 7, 2003
Jane,
what are the Bryce class forum and message 5135? I was on vacation and missed several days of postings, and a search did not come up with much.
Basil
R
Ray
Sep 7, 2003
Basil,

The message Jane refers is for a group of students Jane and I are part of. It’s outside of Adobe’s Forum.
Bryce 5 is a 3D design application, made by Corel.

If you need more information, contact me outside the forume at :

Ray
JC
Jane Carter
Sep 8, 2003
Hi Basil, Yes, this link was given on a Bryce 5 forum that I visit not too often, as I haven’t started my Bryce classes yet. I do see some neat stuff there, really great pictures!
Found this link a while ago and posted it on our private classroom site.

For the newest Bryce info, Ray will give you the up to date info, as he is taking the class. I wanted to take the class, but I am not ‘up to speed’ yet, as I only got into this wonderful Photoshop stuff in February.
Plus we are canoeing and biking thru most of this month. Do contact Ray, as he is a wealth of info.
Jane
R
Ray
Sep 8, 2003
Btw, for those interested, my first class (keep in mind, this is all new to me!) http://www.pbase.com/carbone/bryce_lesson_1

But, I couldn’t resist, and for the last picture, I used Photoshop to add the Moon… You can remove
the guy in front of Photoshop, but you can’t remove Photoshop from the guy 🙂

Ray

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections