Status
Closed
Hi,

Is anyone familiar with the auto-focus Plug-In located at:

<http://www.humansoftware.com/>

Thanks,

Rod

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

LK
Leen Koper
Sep 6, 2003
If this really would work it would be a sensation.
Sounds too good to be true. That’s why I cannot imagine nobody in the photographic industry noticed a small company producing the ultimate solution in focussing software.
In my opinion this "promise" is in the same category as all these Nigerians that need my bankaccount to transfer $25.000.000 and pills that will enlarge my .. never mind. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Leen
S
Stanley
Sep 6, 2003
On Sat, 6 Sep 2003 09:24:03 -0700, "Leen Koper" wrote:

If this really would work it would be a sensation.
Sounds too good to be true. That’s why I cannot imagine nobody in the photographic industry noticed a small company producing the ultimate solution in focussing software.
In my opinion this "promise" is in the same category as all these Nigerians that need my bankaccount to transfer $25.000.000 and pills that will enlarge my .. never mind. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Leen

One I need, the other I don’t. . . . and I ain’t telling which Grin
SL
sam_litho
Sep 6, 2003
disagree with the previous post, different companies offer deconvolution tool and i think this is a great one. i bought this plug-in and it works great on slightly blurred images. Photoshop Unsharp masking cannot do what they achieve because USM will just change the color of the image and create a big halo. Also the Focus of this plug-in can be used in combination with grain removal which is very handy. There is also aboard a very powerful tool to remove noise and it is like magic, i tried many but this one just blow my mind because it removes noises and just leaves all edges intact, all other i tried will just blur your image.
JT
Julio Trujillo
Sep 7, 2003
The very best noise reduction AND sharpenning tool I have found to date is Neat Image. The results, specially if you have your digital camera set to a high ISO or take time exposures are absolutely amazing. Best of all there is a free version with small limitations (the free version is not a plug-in, it’s a stand-alone application.)

Follow this link and try it:

<http://www.neatimage.com/index.html?K>
WB
W Bobrowski
Sep 8, 2003
After reviewing the website, it looks like nothing more than a noise removal filter (their homepage sample image isn’t ‘out of focus’, simply noisy. I find it amazing that some of the coolest noise removal filters in PhotoDeluxe v4(Graininess, Moire, JPG) are not included in PS Elements. I copied the ‘noisy image’ from the web site, applied the noise removal filters in PhotoDeluxe v4, and found the result to be of equal quality as what is being presented.

But then, nothing beats an ‘in focus’ image from the start! <LOL>

My two cents.

Best regards,
Walt
B
buz
Sep 8, 2003
my 2ยข

windows only …………….. ๐Ÿ™‚
JT
Julio Trujillo
Sep 8, 2003
hmm… well since Elements does not include an easy and effective noise reduction filter, and I have neither Photoshop nor Photodeluxe, the free version of Neatimage is a keeper.

If you had taken the 2 minutes to download and install it and used one of your own noisy images you would also have seen in the program all the sharpening options (if you have Windows that is… sorry, should have specified that.)

I found out about this program from some of the very skilled pros and semi-pros that participate in the DPR forums. They use this to batch process their tiffs or Jpegs before they start working on the image in Photoshop.

All I know is that it simultaneously sharpens the images (much, much better than Unsharp Mask) without introducing grain and removes all noise without blurring.

On the other hand… if you think Photodeluxe or Photoshop filters do the same job perhaps you can spread the word at the DPR forums and save people lots of money ๐Ÿ™‚
P
Phosphor
Sep 8, 2003
A Mac version of Neat Image is promised Real Soon now – in the next couple of months I believe. I am holding my breath to see which version of the OS it will need…

Susan S.
JF
Jodi Frye
Sep 8, 2003
I downloaded the neat image and now must figure out how to use it but will fill you in when i do. It is a stand alone app which is nice.
SL
sam_litho
Sep 8, 2003
good luck because neat image has a very confusing interface, impossible to fine tune or gives blurry edges.
JF
Jodi Frye
Sep 8, 2003
Yes indeed but I managed to pull out a few different images. I’m still not sure that it isn’t something I am capable of doing with the noise reduction options in Elements. Granted I have not dug very deep into the program which seems prrrty intense but I think i got it half figured out. ๐Ÿ˜‰ So much to do…so little time

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections