Posted By
Rydog23
Apr 1, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Carl,

Thanks for the post, that will be helpful. But, What if my image fades out to white, will the magic wand still get only the nothing areas? It seems like sometimes the wand isn’t "perfect" in that it won’t select all the 0’s or it may select some 1’s. Also, what if in my curve, I want the zero to stay zero (for the white areas on the outside) and I want my 1 to go to a 2 and my 2 to go to a 3 and my 3 to stay a 3 and my 4 to go to a 5 and the rest of the dots above 5 stay the same. Can I do this in curves? Your method will work well for an image in which I need to keep the white on the outside untouched and I need to make dots 1-7 and 8, but I will be impressed if you can solve the puzzle I just presented. Write back.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

J
JasonSmith
Apr 1, 2004
My post about advanced blending options, removing the white in the ‘blend if’ ‘underlying layer’ area – will automatically do what Carl suggests to do with the magic wand.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections