How to creat Spiral-Rainbow and Spiral-TXT effect in PS7?

P
Posted By
Phosphor
Jul 22, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Just as the title says.

I am a beginner in PS7 and have to design a logo which looks like spiral-rainbow or spiral-text, pls give me a help if you know anything about this topic. 🙂

BTW, can PS make these effect? Or I have to use Illustrator instead? I can’t get the later at the moment that’s why I ask help here, thank you for your reading and any possible help. ^_^

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

P
Phosphor
Jul 22, 2003
Loads of thanks to Helen!^O^ Your reply is soooooooo quickkkkkkkkkk. Surprised me!

< http://www.ub.uit.no/northernlights/ger/images/timelines-log o.jpg>

Pls have a look at the above example of Spiral-rainbow I mentioned, probably it’s not a very professional look. Just a quick search for ur reference neway. 😛

Any help from here will be appreciated indeed.
JH
Jake Hannam
Jul 23, 2003
You could try drawing the shape and then use gradient fill. There are probably better, smarter ways but this is the only one I can think of.
DM
Don McCahill
Jul 23, 2003
That type of spiral is a default tool in Illustrator 9 and higher. As mentioned earlier, the text on a path effect is also easy in AI. Filling could probably be done with a Gradient mesh, among other ways, in AI.

To do it in PS will be very difficult for the text part. The actual shape can be done by making quarter circles, each about 25% larger than the last, arranged to connect to each other.
LB
larry brubeck
Jul 24, 2003
Sisley.
If you need that spiral pattern I will send it to you in a PSD. format so you can use it in photoshop.
JR
John R Nielsen
Jul 24, 2003
You could do it with Distort > Polar Coordinates, but it would take a LOT of planning to get the spiral just right.
P
Phosphor
Jul 24, 2003
Thank Jake, Don, Larry and John !!! ^_^

Jake: I ever thought it in that way … thanks for the hint indeed, shake hands! 🙂

Don: The method you mentioned in PS sounds mission impossble to me 😛 well, I will have a try definitely coz it seems I can’t get AI from the guy who installed PS for me… I begin to hate to make spiral in PS. -_-

Larry: Wow, you are nice! Could you pls do so at your earliest convenience? Can I find such similiar patterns elsewhere? ^_*

John: Yeah! Thank you sO0oo much for the tip. I will try as well, hope I can survive after such a time-consuming planning. 😀

Any more good ideas I can learn from you smart people? @L@

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections