DM
Posted By
Don_McCahill
Apr 20, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Reader 6 never shows font error messages. Reader 7 does. The only interpretation I can think of is they want to sell me some fonts.

Talk about conspiracy theorists. Did you ever think perhaps they were only trying to tell you that you had some missing fonts? Perhaps this is not important to you, but it is to a lot of other Acrobat users.

Don McCahill

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

D
deebs
Apr 20, 2005
The best marketing ploy I have seen is to have a checkbox option for next year’s technologu before it is even available.

That waym when it does become available everyone can buy it and put a tick in the box?
H
hallinan
Apr 20, 2005
Don…that’s correct, Adobe is telling me I am missing fonts. They are also telling me that I can’t read the document in version 7 because I don’t have the correct fonts.

However, I CAN read the SAME document in Reader 6. If I want to read PDFs in Reader 7 I gotta buy fonts. It’s not all that complicated.

Dennis Hallinan

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections