P
Posted By
Phosphor
Sep 2, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have down loaded new fonts in a folder and want them to be available in my elements font pull down tab but can’t figure out how to get them in there..Does Adobe have other available downloadable fonts?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

JF
Jodi Frye
Sep 2, 2003
Adobe does not have it’s own fonts. it uses the fonts that are already downloaded in your system.
EM
Elena Murphy
Sep 2, 2003
Do you mean Elements doesn’t ship with fonts? Because Adobe _makes_ thousands of its own fonts.

Lee, what platform are you on. It depends on that how to add new fonts.
JF
Jodi Frye
Sep 2, 2003
hold on…I thought i knew how to get them in there without thinking but i forgot…either me or someone will let you know how…
JF
Jodi Frye
Sep 2, 2003
windows; control panel>fonts. I just dragged from one screen to another…yes I remembered after I checked it out. 🙂
R
Ray
Sep 2, 2003
Copy the fonts in your \WINDOWS\FONT folder (if, of course, you’re under Windows)

They’ll show up after you restart your system.

Keep in my mind if you’re running Windows 98 – fonts are loaded in memory at the computer start-up. Meaning, the more the fonts, the less the memory for applications to use.
P
Phosphor
Sep 2, 2003
Do you mean Elements doesn’t ship with fonts? Because Adobe _makes_ thousands of its own fonts.

I know they do, Elena, but they don’t seem to send any with PE. I was kind of surprised, since Photodeluxe came with some Adobe fonts, but I suppose they weren’t willing to give the store away. After all, it’s a pretty hefty chunk of photoshop for the money.
EM
Elena Murphy
Sep 3, 2003
I was referring to Jodi’s post where she said, ‘Adobe doesn’t have its own fonts." I just wanted to clarify if by "Adobe", she meant "Elements".
P
Phosphor
Sep 3, 2003
Ah, thanks for the clarification. I thought it was really strange that you wouldn’t be aware of that.
JF
Jodi Frye
Sep 3, 2003
oops, that was an error. Excuse me. I did mean to say ‘Elements’ and not Adobe. I have a habit of thinking ‘ Adobe’.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections