F
Posted By
flddb
Sep 1, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’ve been using Elements 2.0 for a while and am happy with it (although I miss the Curves I used with LE). I just bought a new scanner and it came with Photoshop 5.0 and can’t help but wonder if it might offer functions not available in Elements. I really don’t want to try installing it unless I have reason to suspect I might switch to it – it’s been my experience that changes within a family of programs like this sometimes causes unexpected conflicts between the two, requiring one to be completely removed before the other can fiunction correctly.

Does anyone have experience with both? Any recommendations one way or the other?

Bob in Las Vegas

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

DH
Dave Hamer
Sep 2, 2003
Bob & Linda Flood

I have running on my machine Photoshop LE, 6.01 and 7.01 along with Elements 2 without any problems. They all have to be in different directories. I was going to start deleting but then I still have both LE and 6.01 of Photoshop at work.

If you do uninstall just make sure to say no to deleting shared files.

Dave
RP
Robert Polk
Sep 3, 2003
If you like Elements you can add the Hiddenpower of Elements 2 by Richard Lynch for $25 and get cuves, masking, etc. Great plugin! Bob

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections