GG
Posted By
Gary Goodman
Mar 16, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
This is the first time I’ve tried using the healing brush. I alt-click to select, but nothing is selected. (My ellipsis tool has disappeared a couple of times, so I wonder if the program got corrupted.)

Any help would be appreciated. Correct help would be greatly appreciated 😉

Thanks,
Gary

E-mail to the above address is rarely read. If you want to contact me directly, please send an e-mail to: gary at gdgoodman dot com.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

G
goodidea1950SPAM-SPAM
Mar 17, 2005
"Gary Goodman" wrote in message
: This is the first time I’ve tried using the healing brush. I alt-click to : select, but nothing is selected. (My ellipsis tool has disappeared a couple
: of times, so I wonder if the program got corrupted.)
:
: Any help would be appreciated. Correct help would be greatly appreciated 😉
:
: Thanks,
: Gary
:
: —
: E-mail to the above address is rarely read. If you want to contact me : directly, please send an e-mail to: gary at gdgoodman dot com.

What is the healing brush supposed to do? heal how?
Do I have it in PS 6? Sorry I shouldn’t have to ask
about my own program. Sounds intriguing.
GG
Gary Goodman
Mar 17, 2005
In article <Yr6_d.256649$>, goodidea1950SPAM-
says…
: This is the first time I’ve tried using the healing brush. I alt-click to : select, but nothing is selected. (My ellipsis tool has disappeared a couple
: of times, so I wonder if the program got corrupted.)
:
: Any help would be appreciated. Correct help would be greatly appreciated 😉
:
: Thanks,
:
: E-mail to the above address is rarely read. If you want to contact me : directly, please send an e-mail to: gary at gdgoodman dot com.
What is the healing brush supposed to do? heal how?
Do I have it in PS 6? Sorry I shouldn’t have to ask
about my own program. Sounds intriguing.
The healing brush gets rid of blemishes (e.g. acne). You select a good piece and copy over the bad area. It’s new to v7, which sucks for me because the friend who is expert w/ PS uses v6.

Gary

E-mail to the above address is rarely read. If you want to contact me directly, please send an e-mail to: gary at gdgoodman dot com.
B
birdman
Mar 17, 2005
Be sure you have selected an appropriate size brush.
I have had this happen in PS7 and CS periodically with other tools besides the healing brush suddenly not responding.
Rebooting the entire computer, not just closing and restarting PS, corrects the problem for me (make sure you save your work first!). Presumably this is a software memory or buffer issue that can not be refreshed by software commands.
PS is not the paragon of stability it is made out to be, either on Windows or Apple.
If you have problems, particularly working with large image files, try shutting off all background programs, especially antivirus. The worst offender is Norton anti-anything, which interferes with many, many other programs.
H
harrylimey
Mar 17, 2005
This is the first time I’ve tried using the healing brush. I alt-click to select, but nothing is selected. (My ellipsis tool has disappeared a
couple
of times, so I wonder if the program got corrupted.)

Any help would be appreciated. Correct help would be greatly appreciated
😉
Thanks,
Gary

If you have problems with PS it is always worthwhile trying the following……
To restore all preferences to their default settings:

Do one of the following:

a.. Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Windows) or Option+Command+Shift (Mac OS) immediately after launching Photoshop or ImageReady. You will be prompted to delete the current settings.
b.. In Mac OS, open the Preferences folder in the Library folder, and drag the Adobe Photoshop CS Settings folder to the Trash. New Preferences files will be created the next time you start Photoshop or ImageReady.

Harry
D
d23
Mar 18, 2005
I have sometimes found that the healing brush (also clone) seems not to work and then realized that I had made an adjustment layer and was working in that layer rather than the background layer. Clicking on the background layer solved the problem.

This may be your problem, or it may not be.
Charles
G
goodidea1950SPAM-SPAM
Mar 20, 2005
How is it different than using the clone tool?

: In article <Yr6_d.256649$>, goodidea1950SPAM-
: says…
: >
: > "Gary Goodman" wrote in message
: > : > : This is the first time I’ve tried using the healing brush. I alt-click to
: > : select, but nothing is selected. (My ellipsis tool has disappeared a : > couple
: > : of times, so I wonder if the program got corrupted.) : > :
: > : Any help would be appreciated. Correct help would be greatly appreciated
: > 😉
: > :
: > : Thanks,
: > : Gary
: > : —
: > : E-mail to the above address is rarely read. If you want to contact me : > : directly, please send an e-mail to: gary at gdgoodman dot com. : >
: > What is the healing brush supposed to do? heal how? : > Do I have it in PS 6? Sorry I shouldn’t have to ask : > about my own program. Sounds intriguing.
: The healing brush gets rid of blemishes (e.g. acne). You select a good : piece and copy over the bad area. It’s new to v7, which sucks for me : because the friend who is expert w/ PS uses v6.
:
:
GG
Gary Goodman
Mar 21, 2005
I’ve never used the clone tool.

In article <aUk%d.283600$>, goodidea1950SPAM-
says…
How is it different than using the clone tool?

: In article <Yr6_d.256649$>, goodidea1950SPAM-
: says…
: > "Gary Goodman" wrote in message
: > : > : This is the first time I’ve tried using the healing brush. I alt-click to
: > : select, but nothing is selected. (My ellipsis tool has disappeared a : > couple
: > : of times, so I wonder if the program got corrupted.) : > :
: > : Any help would be appreciated. Correct help would be greatly appreciated
: > 😉
: > : Thanks,
: > : Gary
: > : —
: > What is the healing brush supposed to do? heal how? : > Do I have it in PS 6? Sorry I shouldn’t have to ask : > about my own program. Sounds intriguing.
: The healing brush gets rid of blemishes (e.g. acne). You select a good : piece and copy over the bad area. It’s new to v7, which sucks for me : because the friend who is expert w/ PS uses v6.
:

GG
Gary Goodman
Mar 21, 2005
In article <ag8_d.19563$>,
says…
Be sure you have selected an appropriate size brush.
I have had this happen in PS7 and CS periodically with other tools besides the healing brush suddenly not responding.
Rebooting the entire computer, not just closing and restarting PS, corrects the problem for me (make sure you save your work first!). Presumably this is a software memory or buffer issue that can not be refreshed by software commands.
PS is not the paragon of stability it is made out to be, either on Windows or Apple.
If you have problems, particularly working with large image files, try shutting off all background programs, especially antivirus. The worst offender is Norton anti-anything, which interferes with many, many other programs.
Thanks for your suggestions. I got it working right. I use Norton Internet Security, but have never had the problems that other people report.

Gary

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections