DJ
Posted By
david johnson
Nov 29, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
seems simple, but for example i wanted an orange background so i chose one out from the ample colours in there, to find when it printed out it looked more like mustard

i know this is all to do with rgb and cymk

but is there is something i can at least work with to get the right colours printed that i choose on screen.

is the answer as simple as don’t use rgb only use cymk colours? so every graphic i get i have to convert to cymk?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

FA
Frank Arthur
Nov 29, 2007
wrote in message
seems simple, but for example i wanted an orange background so i chose
one out from the ample colours in there, to find when it printed out it looked more like mustard

but is there is something i can at least work with to get the right colours printed that i choose on screen.

is the answer as simple as don’t use rgb only use cymk colours? so every graphic i get i have to convert to cymk?

What kind of software program are you using?
D
Dave
Nov 29, 2007
On Thu, 29 Nov 2007 08:09:22 GMT, wrote:

seems simple, but for example i wanted an orange background so i chose one out from the ample colours in there, to find when it printed out it looked more like mustard

No, it is as simple (or rather sophisticated) as calibrating your monitor in order to show real colors

Dave
J
jaSPAMc
Nov 29, 2007
"Frank Arthur" found these unused words:

wrote in message
one out from the ample colours in there, to find when it printed out it looked more like mustard

…. and what printer
…. and has it been calibrated to produce a solid greyscale?
DJ
david johnson
Nov 29, 2007
On Thu, 29 Nov 2007 09:11:28 -0500, "Frank Arthur" wrote:

wrote in message

photoshop 🙂
DJ
david johnson
Nov 29, 2007
On Thu, 29 Nov 2007 14:20:43 -0800, Sir F. A. Rien
wrote:

wrote in message

… and what printer
… and has it been calibrated to produce a solid greyscale?

epson c900
DJ
david johnson
Nov 29, 2007
On Thu, 29 Nov 2007 20:22:44 +0200, Dave wrote:

On Thu, 29 Nov 2007 08:09:22 GMT, wrote:

No, it is as simple (or rather sophisticated) as calibrating your monitor in order to show real colors

Dave

using what?
T
Tacit
Nov 30, 2007
In article ,
wrote:

The short, step by step answer is this:

Step 1: You can’t.
Step 2: Vivid, highly saturated RGB colors can not be reproduced in CMYK. Period, end of statement, can’t be done, the end. The laws of physics don’t permit it.

That’s disheartening for people who are getting started with digital imaging to hear, but the fact is, most of the time you wouldn’t want them to–the result would be quite garish.

Choose your color in the Color Picker by entering cmyk numbers instead of clicking on the color sample, and you won’t go wrong. 🙂

Photography, kink, polyamory, shareware, and more: all at http://www.xeromag.com/franklin.html
K
KatWoman
Nov 30, 2007
wrote in message
wrote:

wrote in message

… and what printer

epson c900

home printer inkjet use RGB files
the driver changes it to ink cmyk

to make the prints match screen or more like make screen look like prints you need COLOR MANAGEMENT
you can select PS to handle the translation to print
or the printer driver (easier and recommend)
you may need to end this profile under printers and faxes on a windoz you haven’t said win or mac either

and smart ass you didn’t say which version
some older have adobe gamma
new versions don’t

you need Mike Russell
D
Dave
Nov 30, 2007

Dave

using what?

google
RS
Ric Seyler
Nov 30, 2007
KatWoman wrote:

wrote in message

wrote:

wrote in message

… and what printer
epson c900

home printer inkjet use RGB files
the driver changes it to ink cmyk

to make the prints match screen or more like make screen look like prints you need COLOR MANAGEMENT
you can select PS to handle the translation to print
or the printer driver (easier and recommend)
you may need to end this profile under printers and faxes on a windoz you haven’t said win or mac either

and smart ass you didn’t say which version
some older have adobe gamma
new versions don’t

you need Mike Russell
LOL Don’t we all at one time or ‘nuther 🙂

It’s been sooo long since I’ve calibrated my shop system from scratch, I’ve completely forgot how I got it spot on……
…….well good enough for my customer base! LOL

I’m dreading the day I have to do it again. I don’t like changing things on my bread and butter system. People think I’m crazy cuz I refuse to try new ‘lil apps, thingies, etc. Nope, nada! If my stuff works I don’t mess with it.

Ric Seyler
Online Racing: RicSeyler
GPL Handicap 6.35

http://www.pcola.gulf.net/~ricseyler
remove -SPAM- from email address
————————————–
"Homer no function beer well without."
– H.J. Simpson

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections