V
Posted By
Viperdoc
Mar 9, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Is there any way to open Nikon NEF files from a D2X in CS without needing the Nikon plug-in?

CS won’t recognize the files, while the Nikon plugin won’t open Camera Raw in CS.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

H
howardf
Mar 9, 2005
You need the Camera RAW plugin from Adobe. If I remember correctly, v2.3 or 2.4 covers the Nikon NEF RAW format. The plugin works equally well for Photoshop CS or Elements v3.0.

On Wed, 09 Mar 2005 12:42:49 GMT, "Viperdoc"
wrote:

Is there any way to open Nikon NEF files from a D2X in CS without needing the Nikon plug-in?

CS won’t recognize the files, while the Nikon plugin won’t open Camera Raw in CS.
J
Jan
Mar 9, 2005
howardf wrote:
You need the Camera RAW plugin from Adobe. If I remember correctly, v2.3 or 2.4 covers the Nikon NEF RAW format. The plugin works equally well for Photoshop CS or Elements v3.0.

wrote:

What about using Nikon’s NEF add-in for Windows XP2?

Jan
Mar 9, 2005
wrote:

The latest Camera Raw plugin (2.4) does NOT support the D2X (or the D2Hs). Nikon Capture 4.2 seems to be the only real option at this point (Bibble should have support in the near future).

..Dan
V
Viperdoc
Mar 10, 2005
Adobe Camera Raw does not support NEF from the D2X.
CJ
C J Campbell
Mar 12, 2005
"howardf" wrote in message
You need the Camera RAW plugin from Adobe. If I remember correctly, v2.3 or 2.4 covers the Nikon NEF RAW format

Does not work for the D2X yet, though. I suspect an update will be issued shortly.
CJ
C J Campbell
Mar 12, 2005
"Viperdoc" wrote in message

Not yet. Until then I would use Nikon Capture to export raw files to Photoshop.
KG
Kevin Greenspan
Apr 10, 2005
I have a Nikon D2H and the raw NEF’s ARE able to be opened with CS camera raw.

Kevin Greenspan

"DMC" wrote in message
wrote:

The latest Camera Raw plugin (2.4) does NOT support the D2X (or the D2Hs). Nikon Capture 4.2 seems to be the only real option at this point (Bibble should have support in the near future).

..Dan
ED
Erhard Ducke
Apr 11, 2005
Viperdoc wrote:

Adobe Camera Raw does not support NEF from the D2X.

Is D2X NEF format different from D70 NEF?
Adobe Camera Raw does work with my D70 NEFs pretty well…

Regards
Erhard

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections