BP
Posted By
Bob Polk
Aug 31, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
My clone stamp is not working properly. When I Alt/click it looks like it’s working but when I stamp it’s a dark color, not what I used as a sample.
Bob

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

MM
Mac McDougald
Aug 31, 2003
If set to "aligned" it doesn’t use the original sample but keeps resampling from area proportional away from where you started.

Someone else can prolly state it better, but uncheck "aligned" to see what I mean. Most of the time, I *want* it aligned, but sounds like you don’t in this instance.

Mac
BG
Byron Gale
Sep 1, 2003
Bob,

My understanding of how "Aligned" works with the Clone Stamp is this… you ALT-click to set your source point. Then, the next click you make (first stamp) sets your relative bearing and distance from the source point. Subsequently, stamping a given angle/distance from the first stamp will clone pixels the same angle/distance from the source point.

I have noted that, when painting with the Clone Stamp, if my source point is near enough to my first stamp that I end up dragging my sample point into the area I’m painting, I will pick up the "old" pixels, rather than the new, cloned pixels. The way I get around this is to use "short strokes"… that is to say, don’t allow the sample point to cross into a newly-cloned area during the same stroke as that which cloned it.

I don’t know if any of this addresses your question… sorry.

Byron
NS
Nancy S
Sep 1, 2003
Byron,

hmm…is your pic on the Artist’s page yet?? I don’t recall seeing it….<g>
P
Phosphor
Sep 1, 2003
Bob,

If you have a visible adjustment layer (say levels for example) above the layer you are cloning, you can get an effect like that. If you do have such an adjustment layer, try clicking the "eye" to make it invisible and see if that makes a difference.

Bob
NS
Nancy S
Sep 1, 2003
unless you do not have "use all layers" checked…
JS
Jim Sutton
Oct 13, 2004
I am a photographer and edit my photos in Photoshop CS. For some reason which I don’t understand, The clone stamp tool will not work on some photos. I’m not very accomplished at PS so I’m probably overlooking something but I can’t figure out what it is. This happened to me in PS 6 and no amout of reloading the program or saving the file in different formats would help. I usually edit the photos without adding a layer since I don’t know a lot about using layers.

Jim
S
Stephan
Oct 14, 2004
"Jim Sutton" wrote in message
I am a photographer and edit my photos in Photoshop CS. For some reason which I don’t understand, The clone stamp tool will not work on some
photos.
I’m not very accomplished at PS so I’m probably overlooking something but
I
can’t figure out what it is. This happened to me in PS 6 and no amout of reloading the program or saving the file in different formats would help.
I
usually edit the photos without adding a layer since I don’t know a lot about using layers.
You probably have an active selection
Try Ctrl+D next time and see if that works

Stephan
L
leo
Jul 8, 2006
Hi,
I need to clone layers frequently in PS7.0 and use the clone stamp tool to clone images to a new layer.I followed
a procedure from a book I use for hints and shortcuts and now my ps7 uses this as a default and clones all layers
throughout. Unfortunatly the book gave no warning of this and offers no reversal procedure. Anyone know how I
can revert to the original setup. I evem uninstalled the app. deleted the folders, but to no avail…….photshop seems to have stored the procedure as a default somewhere. Any help would be welcome as I am a noob to this application.TIA,
John
BH
Bill Hilton
Jul 8, 2006
John wrote:
Hi,
I need to clone layers frequently in PS7.0 and use the clone stamp tool to clone images to a new layer.I followed
a procedure from a book I use for hints and shortcuts and now my ps7 uses this as a default and clones all layers
throughout. Unfortunatly the book gave no warning of this and offers no reversal procedure. Anyone know how I
can revert to the original setup.

In CS there’s a list of options at the top of the screen when you’ve selected the Clone tool and one is "use all layers" … just uncheck this … I *think* accessing this option is the same in V 7 … if not there’s a similar option somewhere close by.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections