Posted By
Sitara Lal
Feb 26, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,

This web page http://www.around-the-world.com/Asia/india1a.htm seems to have a background image that shows a border image on the top with the rest of the page blank. Does anybody have any ideas where I could get similar border images (of an Indian / Oriental nature) at no or low cost? Thanks much.

SL

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

R
RSD99
Feb 26, 2005
Use your browser’s ‘View Source’ (Firefox ‘View Page Source’) menu item

Using that, you will find the first few lines of the source code for the page are:

= = = = = Begin Source = = = = =
<html>

<head>
<meta name="Keywords" content="Indian Vacation,Private North India Tour,New Delhi to Rajasthan Tour,Romantic Oriental Vacations in India,Taj Mahal Agra,Royal Maharajah Palaces,Forts,Castles,Jaipur,Mandawa,Shekhawati paintings,Rajasthani folk art,Shekhavati,Palace Hotels,Hinduism,Islamic culture,Asian art,curry, Ancient Mughal Architecture,Antiques,Himalayan Mountains,silk,ethnic arts,shopping tour,luxury hotels resorts,wildlife sanctuary,National Park, jungles,birds,tropical flora fauna,wild animals,Exotic Arts and Crafts, ethnic Jewelry,Asian culture cuisine,spiritual,mystical,yoga,traditional villages,Singapore Airlines,Star Alliance,One World Frequent Flyer, Mileage Plus">

<meta name="Description" content="12-Day Independent tour of Northern India by private, chauffeured car – visit exotic temples, medieval cities and palaces of former Maharajahs.">

<title>12-Day Private Independent Tour of North India and Rajasthan</title> <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="../WTC.css"> <meta name="Microsoft Border" content="b, default"> </head>

<body background="../images/asiapix/indiabak.gif"><!–msnavigation– ><table
dir="ltr" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tr><!–msnavigation–><td valign="top">

<Snip>
= = = = = End Source = = = = =

Note the two lines …
link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="../WTC.css"> <meta name="Microsoft Border" content="b, default">

For additional information, you might want to look through your ‘Temporary Internet Files’ subdirectory for the WTC.css file, and read that (using a text editor … or even Notepad).

[PS – It doesn’t work all that well … in my setup, the top border repeats approximately 2/3 the way down the page … and that *really* messes things up!]

"Sitara Lal" wrote in message
Hi,

This web page http://www.around-the-world.com/Asia/india1a.htm seems to
have
a background image that shows a border image on the top with the rest of
the
page blank. Does anybody have any ideas where I could get similar border images (of an Indian / Oriental nature) at no or low cost? Thanks much.
SL

SL
Sitara Lal
Feb 26, 2005
Thanks for the response, but I think you may have missed my question.

I do understand how the designer of that page got the border effect, and I also see how the border repeats itself when the page length exceeds the height of the background image.

However, my question was where can I get similar patters / designs as the border in this page, from other sources?

So if anyone has any pointers for me, I’ll be really grateful.

SL

"RSD99" wrote in message
Using that, you will find the first few lines of the source code for the page are:

link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="../WTC.css"> <meta name="Microsoft Border" content="b, default">
For additional information, you might want to look through your ‘Temporary Internet Files’ subdirectory for the WTC.css file, and read that (using a text editor … or even Notepad).

[PS – It doesn’t work all that well … in my setup, the top border
repeats
approximately 2/3 the way down the page … and that *really* messes
things
up!]
G
goodidea1950SPAM-SPAM
Feb 28, 2005
: Hi,
:
: This web page http://www.around-the-world.com/Asia/india1a.htm seems to have
: a background image that shows a border image on the top with the rest of the
: page blank. Does anybody have any ideas where I could get similar border : images (of an Indian / Oriental nature) at no or low cost? Thanks much. :
: SL

The background that you refer to is like 3000 pixels long and so give the appearance of having just a top and not repeating. You can get some very interesting and I think similar borders from a book by Dover that can be found in most art supply stores and for sure ordered online. It’s called borders
or ornamentations or something similar and costs under $10, probably about $7.50.
MD
Michael De Tomaso
Mar 12, 2005
http://images.google.com/images?q=paper+backgrounds&hl=e n

10/4 M.D.

Thanks for the response, but I think you may have missed my question.
I do understand how the designer of that page got the border effect, and I also see how the border repeats itself when the page length exceeds the height of the background image.

However, my question was where can I get similar patters / designs as the border in this page, from other sources?

So if anyone has any pointers for me, I’ll be really grateful.
SL

"RSD99" wrote in message

For additional information, you might want to look through your ‘Temporary
Internet Files’ subdirectory for the WTC.css file, and read that (using a text editor … or even Notepad).

[PS – It doesn’t work all that well … in my setup, the top border
repeats
approximately 2/3 the way down the page … and that *really* messes
things
up!]

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections