LK
Posted By
Leen Koper
Aug 31, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
In a few weeks I will have to lecture in Cambridge (the UK one) , and I intended to prepare a slide show of my wedding and portrait images. I never produced such a slide show before, so I ‘m a complete newbie to this part of PE2, but I looked at the manual and this does seem to be a rather easy job.
Showing just only images seems rather dull to me, so I would like to add some music. As far as I could see there is no way to do this in PE2. Is this true and do I have to learn something completely new again? ;-(

Leen

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

P
Phosphor
Aug 31, 2003
Yup. 🙂

Do a Google search for "slideshows". I use a Mac, so any recommendation I make is worthless to you. I do know there are a number of not-too-complicated applications that allow you to import the images you’ve edited in Elements and create shows complete with fancy transitions and music. It’s still early here on the left coast, so maybe somebody will show up later with the name of a specific program they like.
JF
Jodi Frye
Aug 31, 2003
if you don’t have a DVD burner and don’t mind VCD format to play through your DVD player here is some interesting ( cheap ) software. I planned on getting it at some point. Now not all DVD players will play these kinds of disks. I have 2 DVD players and one will play a CDR slideshow and one wont. It’s best to read your DVD manual first before bothereing with this software. I assume the newer model DVD players are more user friendly though….but who knows..

<http://www.xequte.com/pixplay/>
R
Ray
Aug 31, 2003
Jodi,

A good thing to do is, indeed, check the manual of the DVD player to ensure it plays VCD. But, one more thing to look for is if your DVD player can read CD-R / CD-RW disks. My first DVD player (December 2000) could read VCD, but couldn’t read CD-R. For this particular problem, the fix was to
use CD-RW (they are of a different color and many older DVD players will read them). If you don’t know if your DVD player will read CD-R / CD-RW, check to see if it plays MP3. If it does, it will be more compatible with a wider range of CD-R (and CD-RW).

Ray
JG
Julio Guerra
Aug 31, 2003
Leen
I have used a program from www.wnsoft.com called pictures to exe. It allows lots of neat options. It will produce a stand alone .exe file that anyone can run and see your slide show. Music of course is one of the options.
You can download an evaluation copy. It costs about $24.00 and you get unlimited upgrades. I really like it. check it out.
Julio
P
Phosphor
Aug 31, 2003
Yeh, Julio, that’s the kind of app I had in mind! I found several good ones for Macs, but I knew there had to be Win programs, too. The ones I checked out were really easy to use and were about the same price. The learning curve for this shouldn’t be too bad, Leen. Have fun and report back!
LK
Leen Koper
Aug 31, 2003
Thanks to all of you for your help.
Sometimes opportunity knocks. Today I met a client who instantly offered me to help me with a powerpoint presentation.

Problem solved, I suppose.

Leen

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections