QW
Posted By
quinton_weeks
Feb 16, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
added a new monitor with higher resolution and if a go to a higher reswolution than 800×600 the pictures on the screen are smaller.is there a way to keep the picture size and go to a higher resolution.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

JB
Jonathan_Balza
Feb 16, 2005
Well, technically the pictures aren’t smaller – they are just being displayed smaller because the monitor is showing more pixels in the same amount of space.

Actually, you’ll probably like the larger resolution, even though the images are smaller onscreen. A higher resolution gives you more room for things like Palettes and toolbars.
HD
hot_denim
Feb 16, 2005
You can always zoom in on the picture in photoshop to make it larger.

As for the operating system’s desktop fonts you can enlarge them via this setting in the Control Panel section (or right click and Properties) Display>Settings>Advanced>General>Font Size
QW
quinton_weeks
Feb 16, 2005
thanks all it gives me an education and also food for thought.i thought it would give me the same picture size with better detail.
JH
Jake_Hannam
Feb 17, 2005
Quinton,

If your screen is really too small for your liking, you can always try a different resolution. You can do this through your video card’s driver and you don’t have to accept the default. Hopefully, you have a decent video card that will let you take advantage of your new monitor (ATI, nVidea, Matrox).

However, as Jonathan and hot_denim have indicated, there are definite advanatages (more screen real estate, options to enlarge fonts, etc.) to using the higher resolution in Photoshop. Try different settings until you find the one that works best for you. Personally, even though my monitor can display at a much higher resolution, I keep mine at 1024×768 which is a kind of compromise that works for me. Many people around here — I think — use the 1280 x 1024 setting for the reasons Jonathan mentioned.

Jake
NB
Norbert_Bissinger
Feb 17, 2005
Hold done the Ctrl Key and hit 0 (zero) or go to View- Fit on Screen.

Stay with your Resolution.
DM
Don_McCahill
Feb 17, 2005
i thought it would give me the same picture size with better detail.

Only on TV and at the movies.

Don
NB
Norbert_Bissinger
Feb 17, 2005
Want to see good detail?
Alt+Ctrl+0 (zero) or View-Actual Pixels.
PC
Pierre_Courtejoie
Feb 17, 2005
Remember that the minimum resolution to run Photoshop is 1024×768…
WK
William Kazak
Feb 19, 2005
Remember that the minimum resolution to run Photoshop is 1024×768…

What does that mean?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections