Posted By
billbenns
Feb 16, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
hi

am brand new to photoshop, use 6.0 now for about 2 weeks, i have had it for over two years, but i has always been to deep for me to tackle until now. well for the last two weeks i have been reading, bought two books.

really lost now……………..i seem to do better just trying. i can do most of what i want now, but, like max there are some simple things (i think) that i want to do and can not.

so here goes

download from dig. card in photoshop, do the level deal get pic just perfect, crop and save and post many pics on two different forums i use.

want to add some backgrounds…..and colors…..using layers??, i have tried many concepts, but zero seem to work…………..should i do this in image ready??

thanks
bill

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

DM
dave_milbut
Feb 16, 2005
first try reading the help file and or manual. check out the section on adjustment layers and hue and saturation.

you can dramatically shift the appearance of an image in many many ways, but without you giving us something to specific to answer, it’s kinda tough from our end, you know? 🙂

btw, when you start a line with a lower case "i" it renders the rest of the line in italic. here’s how to do that kind of stuff on this forum:

<http://www.adobeforums.com/Images/help/edithelp.htm>
L
LenHewitt
Feb 16, 2005
Bill,

want to add some backgrounds…..and colors…..using layers<<

You need to first change the name of the background layer to something other than ‘Background’ by double-clicking it in the Layers palette – that will unlock it.

From the Layers palette no create a new layer. Put your background image/colour on that layer and drag it below the renamed background layer. Wherever you delete content in the top layer, the lower layer content will be revealed.
B
billbenns
Feb 16, 2005
Thanks
B
billbenns
Feb 16, 2005
Len

Thank you, i will give it a try now and get back to u

Bill
B
billbenns
Feb 16, 2005
Len

I am not there yet, but the key word was unlock for me.

Maybe i will get there

Thanks
N
NTD
Feb 16, 2005
Another safer way to do it is to create a duplicate layer of the background layer. Turn the eye off on the background layer.

This way, you work on the duplicate layer and if you really mess up (it happens) then you can always deleter the dup and make another from your original background layer.
B
billbenns
Feb 16, 2005
Thanks NTD

Will go there now and try.
WK
William Kazak
Feb 18, 2005
Hi Bill,
You have to select your foreground object using a lasso tool. That is one way of doing it.
I always start with a blank, new document. I add my bg color to it. Then I open up a pic, select with the lasso. Then I use the move tool to drag and drop the selection over to my new bg. You can resize at any step. Control-T is great.
There are other ways to do this. You can read your books. This way works for me.
William Kazak
H
handbasket
Mar 5, 2005
Whenever I’m trying to learn something new in Photoshop I go to http://www.Good-Tutorials.com
They’ve got a ton of excellent tutorials and an easy search utility. —
For more free webmaster resources visit http://www.DreamDivine.net. Includes free hosting & domain links.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections