Posted By
lacey
Feb 16, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,

Usually when I go into Photo shop, there is a section going all the way down the right hand side of the screen which was pretty useful if you wanted to go back a few steps, you just had to click on the place you were at and the photo was restore. Somehow this section has disappeared and I’m, not exactly sure what it was called. Can someone please tell me how to restore it? Many thanks.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

TI
Thomas_Ireland
Feb 16, 2005
Hi,

It’s called the history palette. CS still has it. Click on "Window" across the top of the CS window and then on "History Palette" to restore it.

You can set it to show as many or as few history states as you like, up to about 50 I think.

Tom Ireland
DM
dave_milbut
Feb 16, 2005
up to about 50 I think.

I have mine set to 999. I think it’ll go higher, but that might be it. 🙂
L
lacey
Feb 16, 2005
Oh ok, I didn’t realise that. Ive always used it as it was when it was first loaded on. How can you set it to what you like?
DM
dave_milbut
Feb 16, 2005
in edit> prefrences you can set up the number of history states.
TI
Thomas_Ireland
Feb 16, 2005
Yea, Dave, it is way more that 50 now that I think about it. In fact, I now remember setting mine to 100. Maybe you can better lead Lacey through the preferences area to change it. I don’t have PS on my work PC 🙁
L
lacey
Feb 16, 2005
Hi guys, thanks for your help. I have it restored and set it to 50 states.

Thanks again!

Lacey
DM
dave_milbut
Feb 16, 2005
no problem tom. looks like we did good! 🙂

glad you’re working lacey!

dave
D
deebs
Feb 16, 2005
Usually I am not this efficient 8)

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections