CJ
Posted By
Carl J Baxter
Aug 29, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I want to choose an oval from a photo. I use the ellipse tool and place it on the image in an acceptable manner. However, the part I want turns grey and then when I try inverse, it says no pixels selected. It, however, doesn’t say how to select pixels. Feather is greyed out, any other options I have tried have been unsuccessful. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Please do not leave out ANY steps. Thanks.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

B
BobHill
Aug 29, 2003
Carl,

I suspect your image layer is BackGround only. Double click BackGround layer and convert it to a standard layer. Now apply your oval, Inverse and when you delete the background will be transparent (actually paper color, but show the checkerboard transparency display).

Bob
PL
Paul L UK
Aug 29, 2003
Carl

Sounds like you need to select the ‘Elliptical Marquee’ tool (M key) , up at the top of the toolbar. Then you will get the marching ants.

The tool you describe creates a filled ellipse.

Everything else should then work the way you are doing it.

Paul
B
BobHill
Aug 29, 2003
I think you properly found the problem, Paul. I’m thinking selection tool and I believe you are correct, he’s using the Ellipse tool, which creates an object.

Bob

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections