A
Posted By
arosenblat
Jul 27, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Some years ago, I took a Photoshop course, and one of the lessons was making a 30" x 40" poster from an image with software that divided the image into twelve segments that then printed out the segments separately. You could then combine the images by taping the backs to produce the completed poster. Would someone tell me where I by the software, or if shareware is abvailable? Thanks.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

PR
Paul Reynolds
Jul 27, 2003
Most modern printers have this facility built into the drivers, Epson have been doing this for years, Microsoft’s Word is also capable of multi page printing…

Paul
"ARosenblat" wrote in message
Some years ago, I took a Photoshop course, and one of the lessons was
making a
30" x 40" poster from an image with software that divided the image into twelve segments that then printed out the segments separately. You could
then
combine the images by taping the backs to produce the completed poster.
Would
someone tell me where I by the software, or if shareware is abvailable?
Thanks.
A
arosenblat
Jul 27, 2003
"Paul Reynolds"

wrote>Most modern printers have this facility built into the drivers, Epson have
been doing this for years,

I have an Epson 1280, and the onloy way I can think of to do this is to save parts of the image separately, and print them. Is there an easier way? I wrote:
Some years ago, I took a Photoshop >course, and one of the lessons was making a
30" x 40" poster from an image with software that divided the image into twelve segments that then printed out the segments separately. You could
then
Would
EM
Erik Muna aka PetFish
Jul 28, 2003
Why not just make the entire 30×40 poster in one file and then make guides at the correct intervals and then cut/paste each section into it’s own image?

Erik Muna aka PetFish
www.petfishonline.com … my online portfolio
www.dt-x.com … my Dream Theater media site

making a
then
Would
Thanks.
MR
Mike Russell
Jul 28, 2003
ARosenblat wrote:
"Paul Reynolds"

wrote>Most modern printers have this facility built into the drivers, Epson have
been doing this for years,

I have an Epson 1280, and the onloy way I can think of to do this is to save parts of the image separately, and print them. Is there an easier way?

You bet tehre’s an easier way. It’s built in to the software, at least for my 1270. Go to Print Properties, select layout, and click on the "Poster" radio button. Then glory in the options.

Happy printing.

Mike Russell
http://www.curvemeister.com
http://www.zocalo.net/~mgr
http://geigy.2y.net
B
ben-dover
Jul 29, 2003
or you could make the whole file and take it to someone with a large format printer.
"Erik Muna aka PetFish" wrote in message
Why not just make the entire 30×40 poster in one file and then make guides at the correct intervals and then cut/paste each section into it’s own image?

Erik Muna aka PetFish
www.petfishonline.com … my online portfolio
www.dt-x.com … my Dream Theater media site

making a
30" x 40" poster from an image with software that divided the image
into
twelve segments that then printed out the segments separately. You could
then
Would
Thanks.

G
gm
Jul 29, 2003
On Tue, 29 Jul 2003 03:37:51 GMT, "ben-dover"
<http://www.gilligan@theisle> wrote:

or you could make the whole file and take it to someone with a large format printer.

I d/l some software a few years back that would print several A4 pages to make a poster to the size you specify. It was a german prg if I remember correctly. Try a search on Google

Gary

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections