JN
Posted By
Jeff_Nebot
Feb 15, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am trying to fix some red eye problems with some photo’s I have taken. I am using the red eye or color replacement tool and when I click on the eye to replace the red it replaces it with gray and not black. This was working yesterday but I must have changed some setting. I have confirmed the replacement color to be black and it still shows gray. As a test I choose another color like yellow or green and when I use the red eye tool it replaces the red with yellow or green but the black is not showing up.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Jeff

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

DM
dave_milbut
Feb 15, 2005
when color replace isn’t working for a specific person’s eyes try this faq:

Vicky Cravey "Red Eye Removal" 11/25/01 4:17pm </cgi-bin/webx?13/5>

I prefer the channel mixer method and it actionizes nicely…
KE
Ken Ellis
Feb 18, 2005
On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 08:44:48 -0800, wrote:

I am trying to fix some red eye problems with some photo’s I have taken. I am using the red eye or color replacement tool and when I click on the eye to replace the red it replaces it with gray and not black. This was working yesterday but I must have changed some setting. I have confirmed the replacement color to be black and it still shows gray. As a test I choose another color like yellow or green and when I use the red eye tool it replaces the red with yellow or green but the black is not showing up.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Jeff

Hi Jeff

you could drag a rectangle around the eyes with the magnify tool to zoom in on them and then switch to a soft edge brush that’s the same size as the part of the eye you want to correct. Press "d" to set your foreground color to black and in the options bar change the blend moce of the brush tool from normal to color. Then paint directly over the eye on the red. It will lose the red via desaturation. Want them black? Change the option to normal and paint black – you know the brush has a control determine how much you paint/opacity.

Or, after you magnify, you can use the wand tool to select the red eye (use shift key if you don’t get it all)..if too much, lower the threshhold number. Select the other red eye as well – and when you have both selected – press shift+contol+U to desature the slections (leaving gray). Press "d" to make the foreground color black and get a small brush tool with a soft edge and lower it’s opacity to abaout 20%. Zoom out to see both eyes (which are still selected). Paint over the eyes to darken them – but not too much.

ken

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections