Posted By
Chuck Snyder
Aug 27, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
David, I couldn’t edit for some reason.

The next-to-last step in 2 should have said put 10 percent in the Height box.

(Have to remember not to hit the send key until I’m sure…)

Chuck

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

PD
Pete D
Aug 28, 2003
David,

Interesting you should ask this when I just scanned 96 pictures this morning and added text to each. To speed this process along I took the following steps. Of course these were all 4X6 prints from a photo lab so if you have digital images they will be a different size.

This goes pretty quick once you get the routine down.

First thing I did was open a new canvas and sized it 4.25"H X 6"W at 200 dpi. Then added text in the bottom 1/4". (mine carried all the same text).
Next I scanned images three at a time at 200dpi.
With the 3 images in PSE I used rectangular selection tool to select the top picture
Then Layer/New/Layer Via copy. (Immediately after this click on the background)
Select the middle one and use rectangular selection tool to make a layer of this one and then the third.
With the canvas visible on the left and the "LAYERS" palette of the scanned images on the right, Drag the top one (layer thumbnail) on to the canvas, make any adjustments, then save.
(dragging the thumbnail is the best way to get the layer on to the canvas. Not only is it easier this way the drag and drop does not use the memory that copy paste does. That item thanks to Rich from a post here a few months ago)
Then "UNDO" as many times as necessary until the canvas is blank again, except for the text layer, and then repeat the process for the second and then the third.

I saved everything as Tiff files in a folder and had another empty folder ready for jpg’s. When all done did a batch process and converted all the Tiff’s to jpg and then burned both folders to a CD so that prints or alterations could be done with the Tiff’s and the jpg’s were for e mailing if needed.

PeteD
DR
David Rand
Aug 28, 2003
Thanks Chuck. I’ll try it this weekend.

Dave Rand

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections