Noor
Feb 15, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi all,

When I start Photoshop CS, I get an error message that says:

Could not initialize Photoshop because the file is locked. Use the ‘properties’ command in the windows explorer to unlock the file.

And all I have to is to press the OK button and Photoshop will be terminated!!!

I am not trying to open a file so I would get that kind of error message. I just was starting Photoshop!!!

P.S: Photoshop CS was working OK

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

MD
Michael_D_Sullivan
Feb 15, 2005
Are you running as a user with Administrator privileges? Photoshop requires read and write access to some files that are not accessible to less privileged users.
DM
dave_milbut
Feb 15, 2005
also things like norton protected recycle bin should be turned off. something is holding the file if you are an admin. you need to find out what program is locking it on your system.
T
technicalsupport
Feb 16, 2005
Hi Guys,

I had this problem tracked it down to a permissions problem. We had a XP setup and the user running as a power user, however the scratch disk was setup as Start Up, this meant that Photoshop worked once after install then once the preferences file had been created it then failed to start coming up with this error. Not very helpful.
To get round this delete\move the Preferences file under "document and settings\username\application data\adobe\photoshop\8.0\", then fire up photoshop. Immediatly set the scratch disk to a drive that the user has access to. In my case I allowed users access to d: and set the scratch disk to d:.

This was on a PC windows XP setup, hope this helps.
£29 pound for a single support call, what rubbish. Pay for the software then get no help. Great….

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections