Posted By
eddie
Feb 15, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,
Can anyone explain how to do the following in Photoshop 8. I want to have some text but have a photo on the text so that the lettering is covered with parts of the photograph.
I know in macromedia Fireworks it is something like copy the picture and paste attributes onto the text but I would like to do this in Photoshop. Any ideas please
Eddie

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

H
harrylimey
Feb 15, 2005
"eddie" wrote in message
Hi,
Can anyone explain how to do the following in Photoshop 8. I want to have some text but have a photo on the text so that the
lettering
is covered with parts of the photograph.
I know in macromedia Fireworks it is something like copy the picture and paste attributes onto the text but I would like to do this in Photoshop. Any ideas please
Eddie

Open the image in PS
copy the layer (control + C)
Create a new layer above the image layer and select the
Horizontal Type Mask tool, then type the text in the font and size you need, move this to where you want it, this will be displayed as an empty selection, then paste straight into that!! It will not show at first until you hide the data layer.

Harry
E
eddie
Feb 15, 2005
Hi Harry,
Thank you for a quick answer,I will give this a try.
Eddie

If we can be any more help please reply
Regards
Edward
Webmaster
http://www.cloudninebridal.co.uk
"eddie" wrote in message
Hi,
Can anyone explain how to do the following in Photoshop 8. I want to have some text but have a photo on the text so that the lettering is covered with parts of the photograph.
Eddie
H
harrylimey
Feb 16, 2005
"eddie" wrote in message
Hi Harry,
Thank you for a quick answer,I will give this a try.
Eddie

Eddie

Just remembered a better way!!!!
Set your Foreground colour to black. Select the Type tool and create your text. Then, open the image you want to appear inside your type and use the Move tool to drag it into your type document. make sure it is on the layer above your Type layer. To put your image inside the type, press Command-G or Control-G and your image is masked into your type. You can then reposition the image by using the Move tool. And since you didn’t rasterize your Type layer, your text remains totally editable just click on the Type layer to start editing. You can then add Layer Styles to your Type layer to further enhance the effect. You can change the image you picked, press Shift-Command-G or Shift-Control-G to remove the image.

Harry
E
eddie
Feb 16, 2005
Hi Harry,
thanks for the extra tip,much appreciated.
Eddie

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections