WL
Posted By
William Law
Aug 26, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am working on combining some pictures using photomerge. The exposure is different so I end up with sky that’s different in one shot versus the other.

I searched the archive and found a post from Susan S. that had this advice:

This one had extreme colour match problems betweeen the shots. I hadn’t any luck matching between them before blending so I panorama-ed them, and then removed the colour differences in the final adjustment. I duplicated the origianl layer, and then did an ad hoc lightening of it using levels. I then grouped it with a blank layer to create a layer mask, and then using a soft brush at about 75 percent opacity on the mask layer painted over the underexposed sections to lighten them up a bit. I also ended up guassian blurring the mask to smooth it over a bit too. Worked OK I thought and *much* quicker than trying to exposure match the shots before hand.

Unfortunately, I don’t know enough to put this advice to work for me.

Can somebody help by explaining the steps in greater detail?

I’ve played around with this and every once and a while think I’ve figured it out, but then when I try to do it again I can’t reproduce the effect.

What should I see in the Layers pallete when I’m doing this kind of thing?

Thanks.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

WL
William Law
Sep 2, 2003
Thank you, Susan. I’ve been away on a backpacking trip (taking more panorama pics 🙂 and am just now getting back to this project.

I think I’ve got it now. It definitely matters what order those layers are in, and which one is selected when one is drawing on it.

I’ll attempt your other suggested technique, too, and see how that works.

Bill

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections