JF
Posted By
Jodi Frye
Aug 25, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Leen, right click on the little arrow at top right…show thumbnail i think is the option.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

LK
Leen Koper
Aug 25, 2003
Jodi, thanks for your help. Unfortunately I couldnot find this arrow, but fortunately, somehow -I wished I could remember how- I managed to restore it to what I ‘m used to.
And, the older one gets, the less you can appreciate changes… 😉

Leen
JF
Jodi Frye
Aug 25, 2003
Leen, sorry, i’m using PE1 and forgot they messed up your toolbar in PE2 ( imo 😉 )
BG
Byron Gale
Aug 26, 2003
Leen,

I believe you may be seeing the difference between the two settings "Small Thumbnail" and "Small List".

In PE2, the two views of the Color Swatches palette may be toggled. With the palette open, click the "More >" button in the upper right. From the resulting menu, select one or the other.

Hope this solves the mystery.

Byron
DA
David_Angus_Valentine
Feb 13, 2009
I have a swatch of artists oil colours. I do not fully understand swatches. Is it possible to :-

1. Change the colours of a picture to match those in the swatch?

2. To make filters use only the colours in the swatch?

Thanks, I’m fairly new to all this.

CS4 Vista 64bit
M
Mylenium
Feb 15, 2009

1. With palette-based image formats. You could convert back and forth between RGB and Indexed modes, while in the latter you would edit the color palette, enforcing your swatch colors. The other method involves elaborate selection and fill procedures and will take quite some time.

2. What filters? My guess would be "No", but your post is vague and rather unspecific, so it seems wasted effort to even attempt a guess at what you actually want.

Anyway, I’m not really getting your view on the matter. Even paintings done with "pure" colors fresh out of the tube show variations, so your image will not necessarily look in any way natural just by enforcing a certain spectrum of colors…

Mylenium
DA
David_Angus_Valentine
Feb 16, 2009
Thank you for the reply.

I have played around with the swatch that contained the full range of oil paint colours I use. I think I am now very much aware of the limitation. I was under the false impression that maybe the colours in a swatch would ‘auto-mix’ to produce a close match when swapping from RGB to Indexed. It seems they don’t.

However, by swapping around between RGB and Indexed I am able to apply certain filters that give me the pictures I am looking for. I was only looking for an overall impression. Prior to your advice, I had been getting colours that were way out of the range of oil paints.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections