L
Posted By
Larry
Feb 2, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
If I constrain myself to the epson media that is provided with the driver.

In the Print with Preview dialog, the only choice I have for print profile is "EPSON Stylus photo 1270" Why do I not see individual profiles for different media? Should I not see one for Premium Glossy, photo quality, Heavyweight matte etc.

If I specify the particular media through the printer dialog, is the corresponding ICC profile used?

If the answer’s aren’t obvious, can you point me in the right direction.

Thanks

Larry

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

B
birdman
Feb 4, 2005
I strongly suggest you invest $30 for the Epson online Print Academy course. You are asking about basic color managed printing with the Epson 1270/80. When you select the Epson 1270 profile and click print the printer driver box will come up. In that driver you select your paper type, click custom, go to the next page. click ICM and select the dpi you prefer (never 720). If you have set the color management settings correctly in Photoshop and have a reasonable profile for your monitor (a calibrated monitor is a key necessity for color management) then your first print attempt should be a reasonable match for what you see on your monitor. That does not mean it will be the best possible print but it should definitely be in the ballpark. If your monitor is not calibrated, is set for some way out color temperature, if you are adjusting your image with the wrong profiles or gamuts, if you are employing color management twice in the chain (easy to do) the print colors can be wildly off, often overwhelmingly pink.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections