AT
Posted By
Andrew Turek
Aug 25, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Is there any format in which I can save and distribute an image so that others can view it but not change it?

Thanks to all.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

JC
Jane Carter
Aug 25, 2003
Anyone who has a Mac can take a screenshot and then it is theirs to use, just as Barbara says. Jane
P
Phosphor
Aug 25, 2003
Hi, Jane. You don’t have to have a mac. PCs can do that, too.
JC
Jane Carter
Aug 25, 2003
I am going to a PC class this afternoon, I will try it. I need to learn more about PCs. Jane
C4
Cats 4ever
Aug 25, 2003
I always say if you don’t want people to take your graphics or photos , then don’t put it on the net.
P
Phosphor
Aug 25, 2003
I need to learn more about PCs.

Any special reason, or just to see what it’s like?
JC
Jane Carter
Aug 25, 2003
Actually I help out in out local Senior Net organization, I am a ‘coach’ for several classes in the winter. They use all PCs, no Macs. They want me to do a lot more this winter, so I need to learn more.
I do have an old PC that I use once in a while, its too old to network with the other family computers.
I love to learn new stuff anyway.
Jane
P
Phosphor
Aug 25, 2003
Yes, it’s nice to learn a foreign language. 🙂 I could never master French, German, or Spanish, and I’m still struggling with English, but I speak reasonably good Win now!
JC
Jane Carter
Aug 26, 2003
I will stay with Mac for a while, no UNIX, no Win, but plenty of PSE. Jane
AT
Andrew Turek
Aug 26, 2003
That’s what I like about forums like this, the drift away from the point . . .

But I get the picture (no pun intended). I meant anything like .pdf for text where you can read but not change. But if it can’t be done, it can’t be done.

Many thanks

Andrew
P
Phosphor
Aug 26, 2003
Andrew, you can set it up so they can’t make changes to the actual pdf, although I think you need full Acrobat to do that. Or on a mac, I believe the pdfs that the OS X system creates via the print dialog are uneditable–at least everyone always complains that they are.

But unfortunately anything that appears on a screen is takeable, even if not at a good quality.
B
bethC
Aug 26, 2003
Right. I agree with Barbara. If you have Acrobat – you can set security options to not allow changes to be made and not allow printing – but you need the writer not the reader. If a person wants a picture – they can get it. On websites with ‘no right clicks’ – this deters the average web surfer, but doesn’t prevent the picture from being taken. Also a screenshot is possible with pc or mac. A flash movie – slideshow will keep the average person from changing or copying the photo, but again there are ways to get around that. Watermarks, copyright, stamp ‘sample’ across the picture – these are all methods people use to try and keep people from altering their pictures. Keeping the file size and low quality might discourage people but then do people see what you want them to see? So the answer is no – there is not any way that is 100% (at least none that I’m aware of.)

beth

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections