JM
Posted By
Jim McGettrick
Aug 25, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I left my computer on for several hours yesterday with Photoshop Elements open, and when I got back to my computer the toolbox had entirely disappeared. I have tried hitting the "Hide Tools/Show Tools" button on the menmu under "Window" but the only thing that appears is the little button for connecting to Adobe online. Any ideas where the Toolbox went and what I can do to recover it and make it show up onscreen again? Thanks!

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

MR
Mark Reibman
Aug 25, 2003
Window>Reset palette locations should do the trick.
JM
Jim McGettrick
Aug 25, 2003
Mark,

Thank you, I tried it but it didn’t work.
I
imacgirl
Aug 25, 2003
Jim,

If all you have is the little tab with the sunflower on it (this allows you to connect to Adobe Online) above where the Toolbox should be try this: double click on the bar above that sunflower and this should make the tool box visible once again. Hope this solves your missing Toolbox dilemma.

Barb
NS
Nancy S
Aug 25, 2003
Jim,

Hitting the tab key doesn’t do it for you? The tab is a toggle for hiding/showing palettes.

If not, try this…
if that little title bar for the tool box is not visible, temporarily increase your screen resolution, it should be there. Drag it towards the center more so you can find it when you reduce res. back to normal viewing.
JM
Jim McGettrick
Aug 30, 2003
imacgirl,

That did it! THANK YOU!

Nancy, thank you for your help, too, I appreciate both of you taking the time to respond to me.
P
Phosphor
Aug 30, 2003
And for future reference, in almost any application, if you trash the preferences, things will return to their default position.
I
imacgirl
Aug 31, 2003
Jim, you’re welcome! Happy your missing Toolbox has been found.

🙂

Barb

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections