Posted By
BobHill
Aug 24, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Neil,

Many programs today, including Elements require you to either be logged in as the system administrator with XP or Win2000 or at least be assigned full administrative rights. This is because of the otherwise limitations placed on the operating system without administrative rights.

Bob

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

B
BobHill
Aug 24, 2003
Neil,

The best way for security of your machine is first to have a very good and daily updated anti-virus (I prefer McAfee) and second to run your computer via a router from WideBand source (DSL, ETC) which is a far far better firewall than software, and then use common sense when opening mail or using some WEB sites and never open anything without having it virus scanned prior.

Bob
P
Phosphor
Aug 24, 2003
Bob,

Thanks for this, you’re right of course. I have Norton AV which I keep bang up to date, using intelligent update at the moment because of Blaster and the like.

However the only Firewall I have is with the XP OS itself. I have been thinking of improving on this and I will look at you suggestion.

I also always check my emails via webmail first (mail2web.com is useful if your ISP doesn’t offer the facility) – lots of filters set and then deleting as required before downloading. I never open attachments from sources I’m not positive about.

I’ve also started to put my own name and something personal in the ‘subject’ of any outgoing emails prior to the actual subject. This so that receivers definately know it’s from me. This in the hope that others will start to do the same so that I can be surer about any incoming messages. Reduces the chances of me deleting a genuine email.

Many thanks.
P
Phosphor
Aug 25, 2003
Nancy,

Thanks very much for this – I’ll look into it.

Kind regards

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections