S
Posted By
spamsomeoneelse
Jan 22, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I would like to thank Peadge for his help with seperating an image onto a transparent layer. It worked purfect. thankyou.
Now i have an image on a transparent back ground and would like to chage the colour of the black image. beening trying to do it myself no luck any help would be great!

Thanks in advance
D.Ford

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

S
spamsomeoneelse
Jan 22, 2005
Once again windows xp adobe photoshop 7.0

"D.Ford" wrote in message
I would like to thank Peadge for his help with seperating an image onto a transparent layer. It worked purfect. thankyou.
Now i have an image on a transparent back ground and would like to chage the colour of the black image. beening trying to do it myself no luck any help would be great!

Thanks in advance
D.Ford
C
Corey
Jan 22, 2005
Hey D.! Glad it worked!

Now what you need to do is make sure that you’re in RGB color mode (Image > Mode > RGB Color).

Now you have many options. You can use the magic wand tool to select the black and dump in the color of your choice by double-clicking on the foreground color on your Tools Palette. Select the color and then select the Paint Bucket (G) and dump it in the selection. You could also create a new layer to dump it into to keep the original black layer.

Or you could double click on the layer in the Layers Palette to add a layer style. When the panel opens up, check the box next to Color Overlay. Select the color you wish to use. You have several blend modes in the drop down menu. Depending on the graphic, you may want to try these options first:

Normal
Multiply
Screen
Overlay
Color

And see which gives the best results. You can adjust the opacity of the color too.

You may also want to try this, if the original color is pure black. Copy the layer into a new layer (CTRL+J) and go to Brightness Contrast. Slide the brightness to the right to lighten the image and maybe slide the contrast to the left a little bit, giving pretty much the same effect.

Now try adding your color overlay layer style. An alternative is to go to Image > Adjustments > Variations and play around in there.

Peadge 🙂

"D.Ford" wrote in message
Now i have an image on a transparent back ground and would like to chage
the
colour of the black image. beening trying to do it myself no luck any help would be great!

Thanks in advance
D.Ford

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections