NB
Posted By
ned block
Aug 23, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am a sculptor & use PSE to make portfolio pages. I shoot images and delete the backgrounds adding a gradient behind the artwork. Been working great until end of July when suddenly the JPEGs I make from the PSD files appear in the Thumbnail list just like the original I edited. Backgrounds are not gradients, but whatever the original was shot against. Clicking on the JPEG Thumbnail brings the file up as I expected to see it with all the Elements editing. When I send out a CD of the work, the image is the Thumbnail with the ugly background and must be clicked to get the proper presentation. When I email, the recipient must save to file, then click to get the correct image. Any ideas out there?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

NS
Nancy S
Aug 23, 2003
Ned,

I remember Rich C. recently gave a keyboard solution to this, the problem I think is your thumbnail cache needs to be rebuilt. Try a search on this forum and I’m sure you’ll find it. Or, maybe someone with a better memory will recall the key combination and post back here.

Or you could try the deleting your preferences thing…hold control/shift/alt simulataneously at launch of program, answer yes to the dialog box and see if it is different.
B
BobHill
Aug 23, 2003
And one way to immediately make the change in the icon is to Save the new image as a New named file and delete the old. Then, if you truly want to have the "old" filename, just RENAME while it has the new thumbnail. That’s a pain in the butt, but will do what you want, if having the right thumbnail is important to you. It actually doesn’t keep the original file image, in any case, just the thumbnail image.

Bob
PD
Pete D
Aug 26, 2003
ned block,

Here is something you can try if you are using PSE 2.0:

Open the file browser. (file/browse).
Click on the folder that contains the pictures with the wrong thumbnails. Then click on the "more" button …. near the top right of the browser. At the bottom of the list that appears is a "purge cache", click that.

That will delete the stored information for the selected folder and will be rebuilt when the browser is reopened.

Nanny G. Rich was addressing a question I had asked about this cache recently and he said that this cache held the information for the thumbnails in the browser. It may also have the information for the thumbnails for the folder files. Either way it will rebuild the thumbnails Rich said.

Pete

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections