TJ
Posted By
Tina Joch
Jan 18, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Please can anyone tell me how I can do that with Photoshop?

<http://www.searchandshop.com/banners/ss2.jpg>

Whats the name of it? Where can I find Information about doing that? I hope you know what I mean.
Thanks for help
Christina

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

M2
Michael 23
Jan 18, 2005
there are a few ways, the easiest is probably a gradient overlay of white–>transparent (look for it in with your default gradients selections inside the layer effects menu)

another would be a very large feathered selection

Michael Evangelista
Southern Utah Web Design
www.suwebs.com

"Christina Joch" wrote in message

Whats the name of it? Where can I find Information about doing that? I hope you know what I mean.
Thanks for help
Christina
L
Larry
Jan 18, 2005
Whats the name of it? – KIWI Where can I find Information about doing
that? – TRY GOOGLE (BANANA)
I hope you know what I mean.
Thanks for help
Christina
L
Livewire
Apr 4, 2005
In article <AfbHd.21963$ says…
One way is to create an alpha channel by selecting all and saving to alpha chanel. Then play with the gradient tool in the alpha channel going from black to white. Go to the regular channel and fill with white using the gradient selection. I will only show the pixels that are 50% or less transparent so it won’t look like a gradient but it will be. Fill with white and then adjust the selection channel to taste.

Does this make sense? : -)

Thanks for help
Christina
It’s greyed out. But if that’s the control I need at least I know where I’m aiming at, so thanks a lot. Even so, I fail to see why such an obvious control should be greyed out when editing what I thoiught was a bog-standard jpeg.
L
Livewire
Apr 4, 2005
In article , livewire_100
@N.O.S.P.A.M.hotmail.com says…
In article <AfbHd.21963$ says…
One way is to create an alpha channel by selecting all and saving to alpha chanel. Then play with the gradient tool in the alpha channel going from black to white. Go to the regular channel and fill with white using the gradient selection. I will only show the pixels that are 50% or less transparent so it won’t look like a gradient but it will be. Fill with white and then adjust the selection channel to taste.

Thanks for help
Christina
It’s greyed out. But if that’s the control I need at least I know where I’m aiming at, so thanks a lot. Even so, I fail to see why such an obvious control should be greyed out when editing what I thoiught was a bog-standard jpeg.

Sorry, this should have been a follow-up to the previous thread!
B
benje302
Apr 6, 2005
Christina.

I know you sort of highjacked the original thread but the effect on the kiwi is very very simple.

First have your picture (ie kiwi origianl picture) on a new layer and then click the mask tool at the bottom of the layer toolbox.

Then click on gradient tool and set from black to white.

Drag a line accross the picture and hey presto part of the pic fades out.

To start off you will probably have to try dragging a few times until you get used to the the effects.

Hope this makes sense

Ben
JM
JAVADA MURPHY
Apr 6, 2005
Hey Benje, I just tried it and it works. When I went to school my teacher didn’t teach us much so I’m still learning.

Vada

"Benje" wrote in message
Christina.

I know you sort of highjacked the original thread but the effect on the kiwi is very very simple.

First have your picture (ie kiwi origianl picture) on a new layer and then click the mask tool at the bottom of the layer toolbox.
Then click on gradient tool and set from black to white.
Drag a line accross the picture and hey presto part of the pic fades out.

To start off you will probably have to try dragging a few times until you get used to the the effects.

Hope this makes sense

Ben
VL
Vincent Lee
May 8, 2005
aka 717 wrote:

Thanks for help
Christina

What about just customizing your gradient to go white-white, then adjust alpha on the sencond white so that it is completely transparent. Then, simply fill the banner with the gradient.
A7
aka 717
Nov 18, 2005

Thanks for help
Christina

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections