M
Posted By
michael
Jan 7, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I know this has got to be a simple click somewhere, or key shortcut… In the layers pallette, how can I minimize all the layer effect menus at once?

After working on a large project with effects on every layer, the scrolling gets out of hand unless I go through and close all the little arrows to minimize the effects… how can I shrink them all up at once?

thanks

— Michael

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

C
Corey
Jan 8, 2005
Which version of Photoshop do you have? If you have version 7 or later (I think), you can create "layer sets" which helps avoid scrolling through miles of layers. A huge number of [related] layers can be grouped into one single "layer set" which can be expanded or collapsed, taking up a single layer’s space. CS has the added option of nesting layer sets.

As for your original question of collapsing all layer effects: To hide or show all layer styles in an image:

Choose Layer > Layer Style > Hide All Layer Effects or Show All Layer Effects.

Peadge 🙂

"Michael Evangelista, Southern Utah Web Design" wrote in message
I know this has got to be a simple click somewhere, or key shortcut… In the layers pallette, how can I minimize all the layer effect menus at once?

After working on a large project with effects on every layer, the
scrolling
gets out of hand unless I go through and close all the little arrows to minimize the effects… how can I shrink them all up at once?
thanks

— Michael
M2
Michael 23
Jan 11, 2005
hi again, peadge…
I know about the layer sets, yet usually forget to arrange my projects that way.
will look at the hide/show option.

I was just wondering if there was some magic key combo to collapse all the little arrows at once.
(I know, lazy and demanding is not a good combination)

thanks again for your support.

Michael Evangelista
Southern Utah Web Design
www.suwebs.com

"Peadge" wrote in message
Which version of Photoshop do you have? If you have version 7 or later (I think), you can create "layer sets" which helps avoid scrolling through miles of layers. A huge number of [related] layers can be grouped into one single "layer set" which can be expanded or collapsed, taking up a single layer’s space. CS has the added option of nesting layer sets.
As for your original question of collapsing all layer effects: To hide or show all layer styles in an image:

Choose Layer > Layer Style > Hide All Layer Effects or Show All Layer Effects.

Peadge 🙂

"Michael Evangelista, Southern Utah Web Design" wrote in message

After working on a large project with effects on every layer, the
scrolling
gets out of hand unless I go through and close all the little arrows to minimize the effects… how can I shrink them all up at once?
thanks

— Michael

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections