J
Posted By
JAT
Jan 4, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
This one has me beat! I downloaded about 40 images at the weekend to a folder on my hard drive. When I opened PhotoShop v5 to edit the images there were only two images in the folder. However when I open the folder in Windows Explorer it shows all the images are there! I’ve tried selecting all the images and copying them to another folder but PhotoShop still only sees two! Today I removed PhotoShop from my computer and re-installed it but it still only sees two of the images. I can work on them by opening two windows and dragging the images from the folder into PhotoShop but it’s a pain to do. Anyone got any idea what the problem might be here. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Alex

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

C
Charley
Jan 4, 2005
What format are the photos that don’t display?

Are the ones that do display the same type as the ones that don’t?

When you open that directory in Photoshop is the window looking for "all files"?

We need to know more about the photos before we can help you.

Charley

"JAT" wrote in message
This one has me beat! I downloaded about 40 images at the weekend to a folder on my hard drive. When I opened PhotoShop v5 to edit the images
there
were only two images in the folder. However when I open the folder in Windows Explorer it shows all the images are there! I’ve tried selecting
all
the images and copying them to another folder but PhotoShop still only
sees
two! Today I removed PhotoShop from my computer and re-installed it but it still only sees two of the images. I can work on them by opening two
windows
and dragging the images from the folder into PhotoShop but it’s a pain to do. Anyone got any idea what the problem might be here. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Alex

J
JAT
Jan 5, 2005
Almost all are JPG’S. A few are bit maps. The two showing are JPG’S. PhotoShop is set to show all formats. Hope that helps.

Alex

"Charley" wrote in message
What format are the photos that don’t display?

Are the ones that do display the same type as the ones that don’t?
When you open that directory in Photoshop is the window looking for "all files"?

We need to know more about the photos before we can help you.

Charley

"JAT" wrote in message
This one has me beat! I downloaded about 40 images at the weekend to a folder on my hard drive. When I opened PhotoShop v5 to edit the images
there
were only two images in the folder. However when I open the folder in Windows Explorer it shows all the images are there! I’ve tried selecting
all
the images and copying them to another folder but PhotoShop still only
sees
two! Today I removed PhotoShop from my computer and re-installed it but
it
still only sees two of the images. I can work on them by opening two
windows
and dragging the images from the folder into PhotoShop but it’s a pain
to
do. Anyone got any idea what the problem might be here. Thanks in
advance
for any suggestions.

Alex

C
Corey
Jan 5, 2005
"JAT" wrote in message
Almost all are JPG’S. A few are bit maps. The two showing are JPG’S. PhotoShop is set to show all formats. Hope that helps.

Alex

Can you right-click on one in Explore and choose Open With > Adobe Photoshop?
If not, what sort of error message do you get?

Peadge 🙂
WK
William Kazak
Jan 27, 2005
Set your Windows OS to open all of those formats in PS.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections