B
Posted By
birdman
Dec 31, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Any opinions about which is more useful in the long run? I am trying the Nikon Capture trial version and I cannot yet see that there is any significant functional benefit overall to using the Nikon capture software compared to the Photoshop CS raw plug-in. I am surprised that the Photoshop plug-in is deactivated by default by the installation of the trial version of Nikon capture.
I have run a few NEF files through Nikon capture and compared them to what came out of the CS raw plug-in earlier and I only see minor aethetic differences I attribute to eyeballing different adjustment settings. However I may be missing something here and other opinions, etc……….

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

D
dfettero
Jan 2, 2005
The real benefit is that if you use custom curves in camera they are ignored by ACR but not NC.

"bmoag" wrote in message
Any opinions about which is more useful in the long run? I am trying the Nikon Capture trial version and I cannot yet see that there is any significant functional benefit overall to using the Nikon capture software compared to the Photoshop CS raw plug-in. I am surprised that the Photoshop plug-in is deactivated by default by the installation of the trial version of Nikon capture.
I have run a few NEF files through Nikon capture and compared them to what came out of the CS raw plug-in earlier and I only see minor aethetic differences I attribute to eyeballing different adjustment settings. However I may be missing something here and other opinions, etc……….
WK
William Kazak
Jan 25, 2005
Nikon’s spin is that the program is made specifically for their cameras. Therefore; better results.
Adobe is somewhat "generic" in comparison.
Nikon won’t "play ball" with Adobe, as the other manufacturers also choose not to.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections