Posted By
patrick alexander
Aug 19, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Thanks for responding Mac…

The problem may be both: several shots were taken in low (outdoor) lighting, although a few were taken in midday sun.

I’ve not had the problem before, but my son changed the settings on my camera for a "finer" quality. Also, I had installed a larger cap. compact flash card, but I don’t see how the latter could be the problem.

In any case, can PE 2.0 correct the result, or am I stuck with the original results?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

P
Phosphor
Aug 19, 2003
Unless the degree of blur or out of focus is very slight indeed there isn’t much that can be done – unsharp mask can improve images that are slightly soft, but really can’t do much with badly blurred images. I managed to do that with a whole set of images (irreplaceable of course) of my daughter when I was first getting used to my camera – I managed to convert a couple of the less blurry ones into acceptable soft focus images using the dream suite plugin, but there wasn’t anything I could with the rest, except print them out very small on a single album page where the camera shake was a ot less noticeable!
Susan S
AD
Alex Dutton
Sep 29, 2004
Hi

I am using Photoshop to create images however when I place them up on the Internet they com across blurred. Can anyone please help with this.

http://www.easy-putt.com/default.html for an example.

TIA
Alex
SS
Scott Schwartz
Sep 29, 2004
You may be reducing them too much in their JPG format. You could try a better quality JPG. They look ok to me but I am running 1280×1024 so they are small enough that I can’t see the blurriness much.

"Alex Dutton" wrote in message
Hi

I am using Photoshop to create images however when I place them up on the Internet they com across blurred. Can anyone please help with this.

TIA
Alex

BD
Black Dog
Sep 29, 2004
Hi

TIA
Alex
The only one that looks strange from here is message1.gif. The picture and banner look fine.

In my graphics viewer message1.gif looks like you have put a gradient (?) or a stripe effect on the lower part of the image, on the web it just looks pixelated. Are you forcing the image size in the .html?. If you are, redo that message1.gif using the actual finished size that you want it to be. (I hope that makes sense – end of long day)

Stella
AD
Alex Dutton
Sep 30, 2004
Hi

Thanks both for the responses but neither applied. The image looks fine in Photoshop but as soon as I view it on the web it is blurred. I have just tried saving it through Image Ready and it is now just choping the bottom of the image off. Arrrgghhhhhhhhh.

Any help is appriciated.

Thanks
Alex

"Black Dog" wrote in message
Hi

I am using Photoshop to create images however when I place them up on
the
Internet they com across blurred. Can anyone please help with this.

TIA
Alex
The only one that looks strange from here is message1.gif. The picture and banner look fine.

In my graphics viewer message1.gif looks like you have put a gradient (?)
or
a stripe effect on the lower part of the image, on the web it just looks pixelated. Are you forcing the image size in the .html?. If you are,
redo
that message1.gif using the actual finished size that you want it to be.
(I
hope that makes sense – end of long day)

Stella

AD
Alex Dutton
Sep 30, 2004
Hi

I have just downloaded another FTP program on the off chance and it has proved tho be this. I was uploading them as binary but there must have been some sort of error with my original program.

Thanks
Alex
Hi

Thanks both for the responses but neither applied. The image looks fine
in
Photoshop but as soon as I view it on the web it is blurred. I have just tried saving it through Image Ready and it is now just choping the bottom
of
the image off. Arrrgghhhhhhhhh.

Any help is appriciated.

Thanks
Alex

"Black Dog" wrote in message
Hi

I am using Photoshop to create images however when I place them up on
the
Internet they com across blurred. Can anyone please help with this.

TIA
Alex
The only one that looks strange from here is message1.gif. The picture
and
banner look fine.

In my graphics viewer message1.gif looks like you have put a gradient
(?)
or
a stripe effect on the lower part of the image, on the web it just looks pixelated. Are you forcing the image size in the .html?. If you are,
redo
that message1.gif using the actual finished size that you want it to be.
(I
hope that makes sense – end of long day)

Stella

C
Corey
Oct 2, 2004
Whenever I save an image for the Web, especially if I’m reducing its size, I ALWAYS sharpen it with the Unsharp Mask filter. It only takes a tiny bit, but that little bit goes a long way. This is usually my last step before saving. Don’t try to do this step frequently within the same file tough.

Corey 🙂

Hi

TIA
Alex

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections