S
Posted By
Scott
Dec 9, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Ok – as per previous posts – designed my own business postcard in Photoshop cs (thanks to all those that have helped with their advice – made it alot easier for me)

Anyway – time to get the final output as current have a .png file for the front and a separate png file for the back.

The printing company want it either in a EPS file format – so I suppose tiff or they want it in a pdf format.

Now last night – I was playing with the files and got – when I try and even raise the pdi above 300 takes ages plus I have only got 5gb of free space.

So – options?

The file is composed of images and text.

So – dpi – I am thinking of converting from the current low 72 dip to 2400 – if this is a wise idea or too high or too low?

Convertting to CMYK – this is a must – along with flattening the images.

Also – making text a shape most of the text converts ok but I have once piece of text – the main name thats in 4 colours – If I change that to text, it converts the whole thing to one colour – options?

So – that process is best – either go tiff option and if so – in what steps (note need to be file to be about 50mb) – do I go – change to CMYK, flatten and then increate the dpi or in another order?

Or go pdf format – but as never exported to that before and want the best effect I can do myself – do I go covert text to shape, flatten, increase dpi and then export?

Thanks in advance,

Scott

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections