VB
Posted By
Vicky Bilaniuk
Aug 17, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Just testing. I wondered if there was a major failure, or something, as many old messages seem to be gone. I tried to post earlier but it never went through, so here goes nothin’.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

JC
Jane Carter
Aug 17, 2003
Hi Vicky, I can’t get this to work either on Netscape on my Mac, trying with IE now. Acting very slow and strange, must have something to do with the power outage? Sometimes the browser just stops or grinds to a halt,,,,
I, too, can’t see the messages that Grant posted that I wanted to go back and read. Others that I need to go back and read have gone into thin air.
I am heartbroken, as I really rely on this forum, I was just pulling out of beginner status,,,,,,, I just wish they would go back to the way things were,,,, I am going to bed and when I wake up in the morning the forum will be back to normal,,,,,
Jane
MM
Mac McDougald
Aug 17, 2003
"Forum Maintenance and Closure:
The Adobe User to User Forums will be closed for scheduled database maintenance and upgrades from the evening of Friday, August 15, 2003 until Monday morning, August 18. We are sorry for the inconvenience and look forward to seeing you again on Monday."

Mac
VB
Vicky Bilaniuk
Aug 17, 2003
Mac McDougald wrote:
"Forum Maintenance and Closure:
The Adobe User to User Forums will be closed for scheduled database maintenance and upgrades from the evening of Friday, August 15, 2003 until Monday morning, August 18. We are sorry for the inconvenience and look forward to seeing you again on Monday."

Mac

I never saw that. Did they post it to the newsgroup?
JC
Jane Carter
Aug 17, 2003
It is working a bit now, can get it going on Netscape, though it is so incredibly slow! It still freezes up and you can’t read anything, and I constantly have to reload the page. I hope and pray that everything is OK on Monday, as I really
don’t think that I can get along without you guys.
I am going to try the e-mail version, to see what it does, but I much prefer the forum. Jane
KL
Kenneth Liffmann
Aug 17, 2003
Jane,
I noted that if you go to preferences, you can change the font size. I have not done so since the size is ok for me.
Ken
🙂
JC
Jane Carter
Aug 17, 2003
It is working a bit now, can get it going on Netscape, though it is so incredibly slow! It still freezes up and you can’t read anything, and I constantly have to reload the page. I hope and pray that everything is OK on Monday, as I really
don’t think that I can get along without you guys.
I am going to try the e-mail version, to see what it does, but I much prefer the forum. Jane
JC
Jane Carter
Aug 17, 2003
Hi Ken, Its not the font, it is just that the page won’t load in Netscape. I have to reload it constantly, so I just gave up and am using IE, which isn’t my favourite browser. But its the only way I can view the forum. Actually, I did get it to work on Netscape, but it took about 10 minutes to load, and I am on cable.
Sooooooo frustrating, as I need this forum!
I also clicked on Grant’s message that I needed to go back and read, and the whole thread just went ‘poof’ and it is gone.
I just hope that Monday things will be back to normal.
Jane
MM
Mac McDougald
Aug 17, 2003
No, was only a notice on the website version.

Mac
VB
Vicky Bilaniuk
Aug 17, 2003
Mac McDougald wrote:
No, was only a notice on the website version.

Mac

Hmmm, well next time I hope they remember we newsgroup readers. 🙂
ED
Eva Deck
Aug 17, 2003
Jane, are you using Netscape 7.1? The web page loads slowly for me, but not as slowly as you’re experiencing. On the other hand, someone in the forum suggested reading the forum as a newsgroup. I had never thought of that possibility. I’m using Netscape Mail and the server that comes with my isp. So the server is news.mi.comcast.giganews.com. and I am subscribed to adobe.photoshop.elements. Very fast! 🙂 I’ll certainly use that until the web forum gets up to speed. Whatever server your isp uses for newsgroups probably has the forum.

Eva
JC
Jane Carter
Aug 18, 2003
Hi Eva, I am using NS 4.5 and IE but it is all really slow and the pages wont even load unless I refresh all the time.
I never have used a news server, so I will give it a try right now! Thanks, Jane

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections