B
Posted By
Beemer
Dec 6, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Using Photoshop 7 I want to make 1024 x 768 96ppi jpg images from larger images. Is there a way to do this so that I can marquee the area I want, or with the crop tool?

Beemer

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

M
Marcel
Dec 6, 2004
Hi Beamer!

I don’t remember for Photoshop 7, but it may bee the same as for CS. This is what you do:
1- Choose the crop tool
2- In the bar for width, write 1024 px, for height, write 768 px (or click from the write and choose px)
3- For resolution (at the very end), write 96 and pick "pixels per inch". 4- With the crop tool, crop as you normally would.
The crop area will always be as you stipulated 😉

Take care

Marcel

"Beemer" wrote in message
Using Photoshop 7 I want to make 1024 x 768 96ppi jpg images from larger images. Is there a way to do this so that I can marquee the area I want, or with the crop tool?

Beemer
B
Beemer
Dec 6, 2004
In article ,
says…
Hi Beamer!

I don’t remember for Photoshop 7, but it may bee the same as for CS. This is what you do:
1- Choose the crop tool
2- In the bar for width, write 1024 px, for height, write 768 px (or click from the write and choose px)
3- For resolution (at the very end), write 96 and pick "pixels per inch". 4- With the crop tool, crop as you normally would.
Marcel,

When I do this the image is much smaller than I expect. My display is a 19" Hitachi running 1024 x 768 and I believe at 96ppi so I expected the image to fill the screen. However although the image file properties does say 1024 768 the displayed on screen image is only filling 75% of the screen area.

Beemer
M
Marcel
Dec 6, 2004
Sorry Beamer.
This is what I do, but I must say my Viewsonic 19", is an LCD anr re-adjusts the image ;-( so, I don’t know what’s happening there.
Cheers,
Marcel

"Beemer" wrote in message
In article ,
says…
Hi Beamer!

1- Choose the crop tool
2- In the bar for width, write 1024 px, for height, write 768 px (or
click
from the write and choose px)
3- For resolution (at the very end), write 96 and pick "pixels per
inch".
4- With the crop tool, crop as you normally would.
Marcel,

When I do this the image is much smaller than I expect. My display is a 19" Hitachi running 1024 x 768 and I believe at 96ppi so I expected the image to fill the screen. However although the image file properties does say 1024 768 the displayed on screen image is only filling 75% of the screen area.

Beemer

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections