SS
Posted By
susan svirsky
Aug 14, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I cannot successfully install my purchase of PSE 2.0 with my XP OS. I had previous problems with my limited edition PS that came w/ camera after upgrading to XP so purchased this. Can get through the first ~3 screens to install PSE (if I hit the AR button it is ok). This is crazy. Any ideas?

S

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

R
Ray
Aug 14, 2003
S,

Do you get any error message? If so, please post them here so that we can help. Btw, what’s an AR button?

Ray
BH
Beth Haney
Aug 14, 2003
Also, make sure you’re not running any anti-virus software, particularly Norton, while trying to install Elements. (Actually, this is true of installing anything.) And make sure, if you’re using XP Pro, you have administrative rights.

Plus, please post as Ray suggests. The more information we get, the better the chance someone will have a solution.
B
BobHill
Aug 14, 2003
Susan,

I’d like to also know what the AR button is. Can you tell us a bit about your system and are you using XP Pro? If so are you logged in as the system administrator? Do you use anything by Norton and if so is it active on your system?

Bob
BH
Beth Haney
Aug 14, 2003
Susan, LE is definitely incompatible with XP. So, do I understand correctly that you had it on your XP machine at one time? If so, you might look around (using Find) to see if there are any remnants left on there that Elements might find confusing.
SS
susan svirsky
Aug 18, 2003
Thanks for your persistence in helping! I did upgrade from ME to XP, thus probably had some remnant life in the LE program.

How would I go about searching for incompatible remnants (I did do the uninstall succesfully from the original menu). I can do regedit but it makes me nervous!

Please don’t give up on me, I need to use this software!

Thanks again

Susan :frown:

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections