C
Posted By
Chazperx
Oct 22, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have heard that there are issues regarding Businesses using Academic software. I’m trying to fully understand exactly what these laws say. Can anyone direct me to the exact reading of this law? I would like to read it for myself so that I know for sure. Some people are saying that it is a US Law, while others are saying it’s a law from the individuals.

Either way, I want to be sure I don’t go out and get something I can’t use. If you could direct me to the exact reading or wording I would appreciate it.

Thanks

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

C
cnfrisch
Oct 22, 2004
I’m not aware of any law pertaining to the use of Academic software. The terms and conditions of using Academic software are spelled out in the software program’s End User License Agreement. Generally, a business cannot use an Academic version of any software. If you do, and undergo an audit, you’ll end up having to remove any software being used in conflict with the program’s End User License Agreement and be subject to stiff fines and penalties.

Example: http://www.gradware.com/AcademicID.asp

Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP
Windows XP – Shell/User

Be Smart! Protect Your PC!
http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/protect/default.asp x

———————————————————— ———————-

"Charles Perkins" wrote:

| I have heard that there are issues regarding Businesses using Academic | software. I’m trying to fully understand exactly what these laws say. | Can anyone direct me to the exact reading of this law? I would like to | read it for myself so that I know for sure. Some people are saying that | it is a US Law, while others are saying it’s a law from the individuals. |
| Either way, I want to be sure I don’t go out and get something I can’t | use. If you could direct me to the exact reading or wording I would | appreciate it.
|
| Thanks

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections