R
Posted By
ramos
Aug 12, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi, I have A. Photoshop Elements,.. it’s in good conditions the CD’.

I’m havin’ problems after install is complete, my problem is when I try to run the program.. some friends says me that is probably the librarys ‘dlls’ but I don’t know..

It says this:
‘Unable to continue because of a hardware or system error. Sorry but, this error is unrecoverable.’

I’d like get some help to fix it up..
Thanks lot,

Ramos, F.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

R
Ray
Aug 12, 2003
Try to delete your preferences. You do this by pressing and holding SHIFT-CONTROL-ALT immediately after you’ve double click on Elements’ icon. So, double-click, then press and hold those 3 keys. You’ll get a dialog box that asks you to delete the preferences, click on Yes.

Hope this helps!

Ray
BH
Beth Haney
Aug 12, 2003
Do you have any old software for printers, scanners, or cameras installed on your computer but not being used? Occasionally this error relates back to one of those. If you do, try uninstalling any of those programs. Elements seems to be "seeing" something that’s incompatible during the launch period.
R
ramos
Aug 13, 2003
yay,

thanks lot.. but still no workin’…
BH
Beth Haney
Aug 13, 2003
I’m sorry, but I didn’t really understand your answer. You took something off but it still won’t launch? There wasn’t anything on there that fit the description?

Please post some information about the operating system you’re using, the amount of RAM, size of the hard drive, etc. And tell us what other peripherals you’ve got loaded on the computer. The more clues, the better the chance somebody will spot something that might solve the problem.
R
ramos
Aug 14, 2003
Thanks Beth,

I’m usin’ an Intel Pentium III, 700 Mhz, 256 Mb RAM, Microsoft Win XP Professional, -the system is all updated from windowsupdate.com and hard disk of 120 GB, Video 64 Mb, I have any conflicts in hardware.. Except one, that is of Modem of Dial up, I have Adobe Photoshop installed in other Pc but it only works when I’ve format my hard disk and after install windows I have to install it.. For the moment I don’t find other way to install it..

Thanks lot,
I hope you can help me…

Ramos, F.
KL
Kenneth Liffmann
Aug 14, 2003
Further to previous, suggest that you print out the following instructions just in case – better to be one up than one down.
<http://www.turnto10.com/technology/2401172/detail.html>

Ken
BH
Beth Haney
Aug 14, 2003
Huh? No, I’m OK. I use a Mac! 🙂

I was just wondering if other ISPs were getting as aggressive as ours. I did, though, because I’m a sweet and loving wife, go in and fire up hubby’s XP and do his patch. What a pain.
NS
Nancy S
Aug 14, 2003
Beth,

Did you encounter unpleasant things installing the patch or after??

Nancy
R
ramos
Aug 14, 2003
Thanks lot, all people that help me..

I found the problem.. The problem was the fonts some corrupts fonts..

I eliminate all fonts of ..\Windows\Fonts and the problem was fix.. Now I installed the fonts back.. and it’s workin’…

Ramos F,
BH
Beth Haney
Aug 14, 2003
Hey, great, Mr. Ramos!! I’m sure glad you finally got it fixed. And we’ll add "corrupt fonts" to our list of things to ask about when people report problems. Good grief; so many things to remember… Thanks for reporting back to us on what you learned.

And, Nancy, the installation of the patch went fine, even for somebody like me who isn’t used to going through that routine. At least I assume it’s OK; I did the update and then shut it down after completing the restart required. I suppose it wouldn’t hurt (much) to go in and fire it up to check it. Maybe I will, just to verify everything is OK. Ugh.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections