R
Posted By
Rick
Aug 12, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
My system, XP home sp1 w/updates & patches. I am trying to do a Save for Web operation on a jpg and a psd file, but keep getting the error:

Could not complete this operation because an assertion has failed.

Any and all help on resolving this is greatly appreciated.

Mike
"… For the things which are seen are temporary, but the things which are not seen are eternal." 2 Cor. 4:18

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

BH
Beth Haney
Aug 12, 2003
First, Mike, try deleting the Elements preference folder. I’ve seen this error before, but it was a long time ago, and I don’t remember the fix. Rebuilding preferences might help, and it won’t hurt.

With Elements closed, click on the start up icon and then make a quick grab for (Win) Control, Alt, and Shift keys or (Mac) Command, Option, and Shift. Hold all three down at once until you get a screen asking if you want to delete Settings. Say Yes.

Check back and let us know if that helped.
DM
Disciple Mike
Aug 12, 2003
Beth, I found the solution here Richard Coencas "Save to web error" 4/30/03 7:24am </cgi-bin/webx?14/2>. Thanks for your help.
BH
Beth Haney
Aug 12, 2003
I got a very strange page when I clicked that link. What did it say?!! What worked?! Now I’m very curious, because I hate it when I remember only the problem and not the cure! 🙂
P
Phosphor
Aug 12, 2003
Beth,

Richard’s solution:

"On Windows only, the save for web prefs can be deleted by holding down control-alt when launching save for web. This is different than deleting app prefs."

Byron
BH
Beth Haney
Aug 12, 2003
Oh, yes, I remember now!! Now stick around and help me remember this, please! 🙂

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections