JF
Posted By
Jodi Frye
Aug 12, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Barb, i can’t open the ‘sit’ zipped file ! No way am i downloading the unstuffer…it’s 8+mb’s !!!! ( I have dial -up )
How big are these files ? How many KB’s are each brush ? Maybe you could send me just the really good ones :)) ?? I think I only want the vapor trails…they look so cool ! Anyways, if ya want…thanks 😉

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

R
Ray
Aug 12, 2003
Jodi… wait a few secs and I’ll send it to you, unzipped (if possible). Just downloaded and installed Stuffit Expander

Ray
R
Ray
Aug 12, 2003
Oops.. forget about this, Stuffit doesn’t work on my system (the free unregistered version, that is).

Ray
R
Ray
Aug 12, 2003
Barbara, I’ve installed the free version, and at first, you can’t just "File / Open" an archive, it says the archive isn’t there. Then, I figured there’s a drag ‘n’ drop feature, that must be why the File / Open doesn’t work. Yippe! Seems to work.. but… wait… Oh no… "Engine error 3", archive is not valid. I’ve abandoned. It’s not the first time I’m trying to run Stuffit on my PC (with various degree of crashing), but this time, it’s the last 😉

Ray
DS
Dick Smith
Aug 12, 2003
Jodi,

the file is 1.42 mb "unstuffed" If you can handle that download I’ll ship it to you.

Dick
JF
Jodi Frye
Aug 12, 2003
Dick you are a sweet heart, yes I’ll take it ! Thank You

Barb, the unstuffer is way to large a file for me to download with my dial-up.
R
Ray
Aug 12, 2003
Dick, if you can send them over here, I would appreciate it (). But, if it’s too much, that’s ok.

Thanks 🙂

Ray
P
Phosphor
Aug 12, 2003
Barb, the unstuffer is way to large a file for me to download with my dial-up.

Are you sure, Jodi? I have really slow dialup and I’ve downloaded it before. Anyway, I tried sending the brushes, but don’t know if it worked. It shows as a sent message, but I lost the connection, so don’t know if the whole file transferred.
NS
Nancy S
Aug 12, 2003
Dick Smith,

Could you be an angel and send that file to me too? I would really appreciate it. I have high speed internet.

JF
Jodi Frye
Aug 12, 2003
Barb, it said the file was 8+ mb’s. Anyways, I have mail coming in now and it’s taking a while so I suspect it’s my brushes..OH gosh i hope you both ( Dick and you ) didn’t send it 😉
JF
Jodi Frye
Aug 12, 2003
Ok, mail is in…still something else coming…taking forever ! Got brushes from both of you… ;)))) thanks !

…..hmmmm, wonder what this next big file is….hmmmm, taking forever !
JF
Jodi Frye
Aug 12, 2003
hhhhm Barb, your first one was empty…i suspect this other one I’m waiting for is the ‘updated’ full version 😉
JF
Jodi Frye
Aug 12, 2003
For reference to PE1 users; these bruches are not compatible. They were created with the new brush engine. Work in PS7 and PE2
NS
Nancy S
Aug 12, 2003
Dick,

Never mind sending me the brushes, as Jodi says they won’t work in version 1, but thank you anyway.

Nancy
P
Phosphor
Aug 12, 2003
Oh, sorry, Jodi. But do they work with your version of Photoshop (I forget which it is)?
DH
Dave Hamer
Aug 13, 2003
Ray wrote:

Dick, if you can send them over here, I would appreciate it
Ditto for me as well:
NS
Nancy S
Aug 13, 2003
Dick,

Thanks so much for emailing me the files…too bad Jodi discovered they were made with PS7 and therefore not usable in PSE version1 🙁

Nancy
JF
Jodi Frye
Aug 13, 2003
Nancy, ya they are actually kind of cool. They use the background and foreground colors. For instance, on your tool palett if you have white as foreground color and light grey as background the brush make it looks like an actual white cloud with grey shadows…very cool. I’d like to tell you that I could create these in PS6 for PE1 but …hmmmmm, not sure it’s possible to have the 2 tone. I’m thinking that was the reason for the new brush engine….that and the ‘pen pressure’.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections