PK
Posted By
Paul Knaak
Aug 12, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello folks. I’m new to gimp-print and osx. My set up is an Imac 800 fp and 10.2.4 while trying to from Photoshop Elements 2 (new to that too) the three colors are mis aligned vertically by an 1/8 in. The 760 prints appleworks text (also a carbon app.) correctly. This setup run ok in OS9.2 / PSE 1 and the Epson driver. I sure would like to use OS10.2 and PSE-2. Can you offer any suggestions?
Thanks
Paul K

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

P
Phosphor
Aug 12, 2003
In your printer utility (sorry, don’t have an epson so I can’t tell you exactly where) there ought to be some kind of service utility to align the print heads. Start with that, if you still have any part of the epson driver left on your system. (You can have both, you know.)

I would also try creating a graphic in Appleworks paint and printing that, since this much more likely a driver issue than an Elements issue. If you have the same problem printing multiple colors in Appleworks, I would contact the folks over at gimp-print, or ask in the Apple support forum for OS X Print Center and Preview.

I know that many people rave about gimp-print, but I myself have reservations about it because of issues like this.
PK
Paul Knaak
Aug 13, 2003
I agree with you that probably not Elements at fault. I just thought some folks here might have seen this before. I’m still trying other approaches. I’ll certainly post back when i find the fix.

Thanks

Paul
PK
Paul Knaak
Aug 13, 2003
Thanks for that tip. Where are the print center and preview forums at you spoke of. I just printed from preview and arcobat and got the same error. Some gimp-print forum replies say to turn off PSE color management. Even then the results are not good. No way I’m going to run like that. Guess I’ll just have to pony up for new printer. Have you any suggestions for a no problem OS10.2.4 that produces great photos under $300.
P
Phosphor
Aug 13, 2003
That forum is here:
<http://discussions.info.apple.com/WebX?13@@.ef998fd>

Your printer should work in X, I think, but I’m not sure. If you do want a new one, generally the Epsons and Canons have the best mac support as well as excellent output.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections