Aug 12, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am looking for an easier program!
Please Help!!!!

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

PD
Pete D
Aug 12, 2003
"uncle Tom"

I am copying a reply to your other post. If you have read it already, sorry, just ignore it. But the big point is I do not think you are going to find what you think you are looking for. Either way,…good luck.

"uncle Tom"

Stating that the program is "hard to use" you must be able to open pictures in the program. Once you have a picture "open" there are many tools that will help you without learning much;

With picture open go to "Enhance" and then click on "Auto Levels". (Top of your screen….File, Edit, Image, ENHANCE) … This usually does a nice job in adjusting lighting and contrast with just one click.

Once you are comfortable opening pictures and using this automated adjustment if you gradually take things one step at a time you will be very pleased with Photoshop Elements.

If your image still looks a little dark after using the "auto levels" go back to "Enhance" and this time select "Adjust Brightness Contrast" / "Brightness / Contrast". The sliders on the ‘pop up screen’ are very easy to use for this adjustment and you can see the instant changes on the photo. (Move that slider screen around by clicking in the blue bar above the sliders where it says brightness contrast, Hold and drag it to where you want and then let go).

I sense that you are a bit overwhelmed by all the tools and options and I think the best thing to do is just ignore everything but the tool needed to correct what you are trying to do. (Unless you want to learn ALL the functions of the program immediately, then the book and or lesson plan may be best).

One row below those options on the right side is what is called Layers Palettes. They have what looks like file folder tabs. Look through them and click on the one that says; "How To". Right under the words "how to" is an arrowhead pointing down, click on that and choose something from the list and you will get step by step instructions on how to accomplish the "how to" subject.

If you stick to the basic functions of the program I can’t think of any program that can make changes simpler. And there certainly is no program that will do the changes better.

Try it a while and come back with any questions you encounter. You will be glad you stuck with it I am sure.

Pete
R
Ray
Aug 12, 2003
Uncle tom,

Try Microsoft PictureIt! It said to have fewer options and less control, but with a more friendly learning curve. But I don’t have it, so I can’t really say if it’s true or not.

Ray
JF
Jodi Frye
Aug 12, 2003
Uncle Tom, if ya really just can’t do it…Wallmart has a few way easy image editing software. However, the options in these low end programs are very basic and minimal. You’ll never be able to do with those what you can do in Elements. If your needs are extremely basic and you have no interest in photo enhancement or restorations or color corrections or graphics or hmmmmmmm, the list goes on and on…..then buy the easier programs…BUT we really hope you’ll try to figure this out. Pete gave you some great starter steps and we are here for you all the way 😉
KL
Kenneth Liffmann
Aug 12, 2003
Uncle Tom,
Sorry that your cup is half empty.
My scanner came with a very simple to use program, MGI PhotoSuite. This may serve your purpose. I use Elements to great advantage.
Ken
UT
uncle Tom
Aug 12, 2003
Who makes MGI, is it self explanatory?
Is it easy to use?
EW
Ed Wurster
Aug 12, 2003
"uncle Tom" wrote in message
| I am looking for an easier program!
| Please Help!!!!

What are you trying to accomplish?

Ed
UT
uncle Tom
Aug 12, 2003
To correct errors made while using a didgital camera.
BH
Beth Haney
Aug 12, 2003
uncle Tom, we’d be happy to try something we were going to do a week or so ago with another newcomer to Elements. He didn’t accept our offer, but maybe you’d like to.

If you pick one image and explain to us what you’re starting with and what kind of an outcome you’d like to get, between us geniuses 🙂 we can probably walk you through step by step. After you do one start to finish, you’d begin to get a feel for how to edit photos using Elements.

Or, if you’d rather, you can select one of the other pieces of software that’s been suggested. It’s up to you, but we’d be happy to help you get the feel for working this program. Once you make it over the first hurdle, you might find it will do a nice job for you.
R
Ray
Aug 12, 2003
Beth, I agree with you totally. Untill I ran through my first tutorial (with Jay’s site), I couldn’t understand much about this software. Then, I realized what could be accomplished in very little time. Light at the end of the tunnel!

So, uncle tom, do yourself a small favor, and at least try a tutorial or let us show you how fun this software can be. And, don’t be overwhelmed by all there is in the software. The first few months, you probably won’t use more and a third of it. And still, you’ll get fantastic results. Tools like Quick Fix, Variations, Levels are all you need to fix color cast and other problems alike. Quick fix also helps fixes the focus, the brightness and all sorts of little things that makes a picture, a great picture!

Ray
EW
Ed Wurster
Aug 12, 2003
| To correct errors made while using a didgital camera.

What kinds of errors have you made with the digital camera?

Ed
PD
Pete D
Aug 12, 2003
Jodi > Doesn’t PE2 have a ‘quick fix’ button ???

Yes, it is called "auto levels". I suggested he start there in an earlier post, then proceed to some other simple modifications.

Pete
R
Ray
Aug 12, 2003
Pete,

Auto levels and Quick Fix are too different things, in PSE2 that is. I can’t talk for PSE1.

Ray
PD
Pete D
Aug 13, 2003
Ray,

Yes, they are two different things. I was suggesting auto levels to him as a place to start….maybe I should have told him quick fix. Hope he uses one of them regardless. Oops, I told Jodi that auto levels was quick fix didn’t I….Crap…I must be tired today. Sorry Jodi, there is Qucik fix in 2.0.

Barbra, …… Flooding? I have wrinkled skin up to my ears we have had so much rain the past 3 or 4 days. There is a lot of flooding in Sarasota but we have had very little this time in south county even though over ten inches of rain came down the other day. June was very wet and August is on track to beat that but tomorrow there is supposed to be sunshine. So a beach day you say….Not! Red tide is back. (I need sun and I need time on the beach).

Pete
TR
Tim Robertson
Aug 13, 2003
Please take them up on it Uncle Tom. I didn’t think I would ever catch on. Now I feel it is easier than any I have ever tried because of the control I feel I have. Please take them up on their offer.
ML
Marty Landolt
Aug 13, 2003
UNCLE TOM,
I had MGI and several others then I progressed to Adobe Photo Deluxe. I took the leap onto Elements and have never been sorry.
You won’t believe how slow I am at learning this software. I just go bits and pieces at a time and enjoy the little I know.
If you want a really "green" view I’d be glad to pitch in but Pete, Beth, and the others know how to help best.
Marty
JG
JR Gardiner
Aug 13, 2003
I have Microsoft Picture It! and highly recommend it for its ease of use. I have subsequently "graduated" to PE2 and would not go back. It did take some learning but with
the help of this forum, tutorials by evideoxpress, and
a book (Teach Yourself Visually) I now can do almost
everything I need. My advice would be stick with PE2,
but if you really want something not as full-featured, but easier – go with Picture It!

Regards,

John Gardiner

: I am looking for an easier program!
: Please Help!!!!

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections