LS
Posted By
lamothes.sugar.house
Oct 9, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello, can anyone please either tell me how to change the color of an object, (for instance turn a red car into a blue car)? Or tell me what book to find that info in? I have photo shop 6.
Thanks, Jean

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

C
Corey
Oct 10, 2004
First, you need to isolate the object from everything else in that layer. This is usually done by making a selection around the object using any of the associated tools…lasso, marquee, magic wand. Once the selection has been made, copy and paste the contents of the selection into a new layer. Then you can add a layer effect of color overlay with a blend mode of color and tweak by adjusting the opacity. Another option is to play with the hue settings under Image >Adjust> Hue/Saturation.

Several books exist showing ways to accomplish things like this. I would suggest visiting a book store and comparing them to each other in regards to price and value. An even better publication exists in the magazine area. This is Photoshop User put out by The National Association of Photoshop Professionals – http://www.photoshopuser.com/. It features many tutorials with step-by-step instructions by some of the best in the industry. If you visit the web site, you can view past issues.

Corey 🙂

"Jean" wrote in message
Hello, can anyone please either tell me how to change the color of an object, (for instance turn a red car into a blue car)? Or tell me what book to find that info in? I have photo shop 6.
Thanks, Jean

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections